how do I get rid of Norton search engine?

• 13 July 2016
  • 3 replies

How do I get ride of Norton search engine.  Recently uninstalled Norton and purchased Webroot.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hi and welcome to the Community ?

I am not sure how you uninstalled Norton but several AV's are notorious for leaving things behind.
Also if you check your browser and look in "Tools," "Add-ons" or "Extensions" you may see a Norton entry there and be able to remove it by unchecking or disabling it.
I also suggest you take a look at this link and run the tool provided, it should remove any left overs Norton Removal Tool

I hope you find this helpful and let us know how you get on with it please.

JtR
Userlevel 1
Try Norton removal tool for what ever version Norton your running. I myself have used Norton removal tool and it seems to work just fine. I also believe Webroot has a means of removal. and or you may want to try revo uninstaller. The pro version is not necessary and a bit complicated.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Try Norton removal tool for what ever version Norton your running. I myself have used Norton removal tool and it seems to work just fine. I also believe Webroot has a means of removal. and or you may want to try revo uninstaller. The pro version is not necessary and a bit complicated.
Just to precise that if you are running a 64bit OS then you will need to run Revo Pro but there is a fully functional 30 day trial available to use as a one off removsl mechanism.

And, No, Webroot does not have a 'means of removal'.