how to install password manager on second system with different password from first system

• 5 September 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
When Webroot is installed on two system can each system have a different password ,email etc

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi sals1000

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have main Console access and control the whole thing, but you CAN also provide separate Password Manager accounts to your other users on one machine or different machines.

So if I understand correctly you want for you and A. N. Other, under the same WSA license, to run/have separate Password Manager accounts?

Right, well if that is the case then you will most likely want to have main Console access and control the whole thing, but you can also provide a separate Password Manager account for A. N. Other (and others in the future).  To do that:

1. Log into your Account Console
  2. At the upper right, click your email address
  3. Select 'Manage Users'
  4. Check how many user profiles you have already set up here.
I presume that it will currently just be one, or have you already set up one for A. N. Other?  With a multi device/user license, you can have up to the same number of user profiles on that same key code.

If you have only one user profile set up, click the 'Create New Users' button.  Each user profile is, just like yours, a specific email address.  Create an additional user for A. N. Other.

For his new user profile, once created, go to 'Permissions'.  There you can allow A. N. Other Console access, or block A. N. Other from it. Also, you will need to set the permissions for Passwords, and if you so desire you can also allow A. N. Other separate Backup & Sync access as well, in which case A. N. Other will go into a different Backup & Sync folder and so A. N. Other will not be able to access your files or passwords, AND vice versa.

Just a quick note here to advise that, the WSA Backup size allocation is for the license/group and NOT per user. 

Further, suggestion; that you do not provide Admin Console Access to anyone other than yourself, as that will give them access to make changes (perhaps more pertinent if you want to allow further users to make use of these features).

Well, I hope that answers the question/makes sense?  Please do not hesitate to come back here and let us know how you get on or if you have further questions.

Regards, Baldrick