Solved

machine showing up twice on console

• 8 November 2013
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I recently  had a netbook go back to factory settings and when had to name it I wasn't sure what I had used before but got something close.  Then when I looked at the console here, I noticed it is showing it entered twice.  How do I safely remove one without it affecting all my other machines?  I saw where some people went to remove one and ended up having all removed?  Thanks for any help and i hope I got the terminology correct.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 8 November 2013, 01:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello slhayes!

Pretty easy: log back into your Console, and go to PC Security.  Check BOTH of the ones that you question and see when the last scan was done.  Deactivate the one that has the older last scan date.

:)
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
It looks okay after deactivating it, although I did not turn on said machine yet.  I was just worried I might cause more problems, thank you.
Userlevel 7
Turn it on and run a scan... if WSA removes itself, simply reactivate it, reinstall it, and deactivate the OTHER one.  But as long as you deactivated the one with the older last scan, you should be just fine  :)
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
That machine is A okay now.  BUT, I have two other machines, two Android tablets that are showing updates need to be taken care of or definitions do.  I did it on both and more than once on the scans, but it is still showing a problem.  The problems are supposed to be for scans and definitions, but both have been done and it won't show up like it has been done.  I probably won't be back here before tomorrow the earliest.  Thank you for the help so far.