new version

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hello,

I noticed on the release notes that there is a new version of Secure Anywhere out, version 9.0.8.80. The version installed on my computer is 9.0.8.72. When I check for updates, it says I have the latest version. Is this a gradual release I just need to wait for, or should I do an uninstall/reinstall to get the latest version? Thank you.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jreddoch

Would you reboot your computer and see if that helps to initiate the update bfore uninstall/reinstalling?
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Nope. Still 9.0.8.72. What should I do now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there!

Please do the uninstall/reinstall ok?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Okay. I have the new version now. Will I have to do that each time a new version is released? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi jreddoch,

No you shouldn't have to. Webroot usually updates automatically from the Cloud. But I have known this to happen before but normally Webroot will update without you knowing it. So sometimes we need to uninstall/reinstall.
Userlevel 7
Hi jreddoch

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Sherry has quite correctly stated...please be aware that with 30+ million users out there is sometimes a delay in the releases being 'pushed' out to all users...I have found on some occasions that I get the update very quickly; within an hour or so, but at other times it can take a few days...clearly Webroot cannot simultaneously update everyone...their server network would most likely collapse under the strain...;)

Personally, I just wait but if, as you have found, the delay seems overally lengthy then I (i) try to run a manual update from the notificaiton tray icon & (ii) then get the latest installer direct from Webroot as you have done in this case.

But generally you should be updated 'silently' as Sherry has stated.

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?

Thanks for that bit of information. How easy it was for me to forget that sometimes you have to wait for the update!:D
Userlevel 7
Easily done, Sherry...I know because I did so just recently and then kicked myself for not mentioning it. Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
I'm not a naturally patient person, but all is well now. Thank you both.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most welcome!:D