Solved

none-PE Files detection for Webroot

Userlevel 5
Hello all Webrooters :D 

i have a question you can see the Subject ... 
i ask about that from Malware Removal Team of Webroot about 2 weeks ago and they said a plan is in progress and in near future Webroot does detect none-PE Files too .

well i just want to say if there is any news or new status about that please let us know and be aware of that ... or if this plan is cancelled please let me know so i can go in Feature Request and put a post about this matter.

and also i have one more question will be grateful if let me know my answer : ELF format is a PE file ? Webroot does detec that now? ( i want submit a malware with ELF format ( thats a Linux Virus ) )

Kind Regards,
Parham ❤️
icon

Best answer by DanP 25 May 2016, 16:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
MrParham

Your best bet is to open a support ticket and ask the question about non-PE files & ELF format files (I doubt that the latter is supported as Webroot does not provide a Linux compatible version of WSA).

Or perhaps ? would be able to provide the Professional's view on this subject? :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We do not currently have a Linux product, so we do not detect .ELF files. I don't have any updates on non-PE detection, but that is also a rather broad subject. We do detect the actual executable payloads from non-PE files.

-Dan
Userlevel 5
Thank You for the answers

dear Dan , but please let me know If I understand correctly,  you cannot confirm that plan(in future Webroot will detect none-pe files )  ?

Regards,Parham
Userlevel 7
Hi Dan

Once again, many thanks for the pickup on the ping...as always it is much appreciated. :D

Regards, Baldrick