Solved

scan starts randomly

• 20 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I have my scan scheduled to start at 3 am everyday, but I noticed in very few occassions (when my system slows down a little) that the scan runs in the background, it happens in random times when I am using my PC!! why does it do that?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 20 October 2016, 02:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and welcome to the Webroot Community!

That is normal but if you want it to scan at 3am right on time then make this small change and it will scan at 3am on the dot!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

?
Userlevel 1
Thanks Daniel for the recommendation, I will try it.
However when it starts randomly it happens in the afternoon not around the scheduled time!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks Daniel for the recommendation, I will try it.
However when it starts randomly it happens in the afternoon not around the scheduled time!!
At times something triggers WSA to do a scan and it's just checking to see if there is something going on but it shouldn't happen that often but I do understand what you mean but the setting above should help so try it and reply in a couple days as you may need to do a clean reinstall of WSA. Also the impact shouldn't be that bad as WSA uses very little resource's. My system scans in 20 to 25 seconds but it's only a year and a half old and I use SSD drives.

Just in case you want to do a clean reinstall:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

19 seconds here:

?
Userlevel 1
Wow, 19 sec !! oh well my system is older and have tons of softwares and files, my scans takes an average of 10 min...
But my issue doesn't happen that often to make me want to reinstall