Solved

should I wait for 2016 version to come out, to buy Webroot?

• 22 August 2015
  • 6 replies

Hi,  I am interested on buying Webroot.  I have read new version will come out soon.  Should I wait for 2016 version to come out, to buy Webroot? our buy 2015 version.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 22 August 2015, 01:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Mytho

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There will not be a 2016 version as Webroot have moved away from a new version per year approach to one of continually improvement through out the year, so if you purchase today, say a 1 year subscription, during the term of that subscription you will receive the latest updates as they are release, and as long as you have a current subscription you will continue to be updated to the latest level of the software.

So take out a trial now and if you like it buy ASAP you are ready...and then hang on for the ride as you will always be up to date with the latest version as I have stated above.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you Baldrick for quick response.
Another question.  I want to use one of  3 licences on my Dads PC.  He has a different IP. Does this is a problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Not a problem I do the same without issues!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Mytho

That should not be a problem at all as the install is not IP dependant as far as I know.  

The only thing that I would counsel care on is that, given that you have the Internet Security Plus version and therefore acess to the Password Manager, unless you make sure that you set up seperate accounts for you and your Father you will end up storing your passwords in the same place and therefore he wil be able to see yours and you his.

On the premise that you may both want to use the Password Manager here is how to go about making sure that you each have your own accounts and so can have your own passwords held 'privately' from one another.

So if you want to do this, when the time comes:

1. Log into your Account Conole (here)
  2. At the upper right, click your email address
  3. Select 'Manage Users'
  4. Check how many user profiles you have already set up here.
I presume that when you come to do this you will only have one.  With a muilti device/user license, you can have up to the same number of user profiles as devices covered on that same key code.

If you have only one user profile set up, click the 'Create New Users' button.  Each user profile is, just like yours, a specific email address.  Create an additional user for your Father.

For his new user profile, once created, go to 'Permissions'.  There you can allow him Console access, or block him from it. Also, you will need to set the permissions for Passwords.

Further, suggestion; that you do not provide Admin Console Access to anyone other than yourself, as that will give them access to make changes (perhaps more pertinent if you want to allow further users to make use of these features).

Well, I hope that the above sets you up ready as and when you decide to take the plunge and join the Webroot Community?

Please do not hesitate to come back here and let us know how you get on or if you have further questions.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you All¡
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome, Mytho.