subscription expired unprotected

• 20 December 2015
  • 1 reply

Why has my subscription expired after 1day when yesterday I had 365 days left my laptop is now unprotected

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi halls605

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear about that.  So just to try to get this straight; you had 365 days of subscription left as of yesterday and today WSA says that your subscription has expired?

Well, the first thing to say is that once a subscription has truly expired then one has a 30 day grace period between then and the time when WSA changes to running as a scanner only and you cease to have the option to remove malware detected. So, at this moment if your subscription has really expired then you are still completely protected by WSA.

Secondly, if I may say, the fact that you apparently have 365 days of subscription left suggests to me that you have either just purchased a new subscription, i.e., what I call a 'pseudo' renewal, when you would need to enter a new keycode or you have just undertake a 'real' renewal, i.e., when one add time to ones existing subscription.

Would you be able to advise as to which, if any, if any is the correct circumstances for you, and also whether you are running the Best Buy/Geek Squad version of WSA or the standard Webroot version for WSA, and we can then proceed from there to see what we can do to helps?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick