we have 2 PC's and 2 users, how is the password manager setup for that. where is the FF plugin?

• 5 September 2015
  • 4 replies

WHERE do I find the firefox password manager for webroot
ho do i manage 2 PC's and 2 users for PW manager

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?.

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

There has been an issue with the Password Manager since Firefox upgraded to version 40 over the last couple of weeks.  Webroot IS working to fix the problem permanently, but until then Webroot Support has provided us a temporary fix that we can do in order to get things back to working normally.

Please see THIS KB Article with the solution provided by Support.

Edited:Also look here for the PC Online User Guide

I hope this helps, many of us have used it and have had no problems since.

Kind Regards,
ok

but once it is fixed, how do we manage 2 PC's by 2 different users?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

This is doable but first and just to check; you are both running under the same WSA license, against which you wish to run/have separate Password Manager accounts?

Right, so if that is the case then you will most likely want to have main Console access and control the whole thing, but you can also provide a separate Password Manager account to others  To do that:

1. Log into your Account Conole
  2. At the upper right, click your email address
  3. Select 'Manage Users'
  4. Check how many user profiles you have already set up here.
 With a muilti device/user license, you can have up to the same number of user profiles on that same key code.

If you have only one user profile set up, click the 'Create New Users' button.  Each user profile is, just like yours, a specific email address.  Create an additional user

For a new user profile, once created, go to 'Permissions'.  There you can allow user Console access, or block him from it.

Also, you will need to set the permissions for Passwords.  Also, if you & the other user so desire you can also allow them separate Backup & Sync access as well.  In that case he will go into a different Backup&Sync folder and the user will not be able to access your files or passwords, AND vice versa.

Just a quick note here to advise that, the WSA Backup size allocation is for the license/group and NOT per user...so just watch that he does not use it all up with music and/or pictures and the like...

Further suggestion; that you do not provide Admin Console Access to anyone other than yourself, as that will give them access to make changes (perhaps more pertinent if you want to allow further users to make use of these features).

Well, I hope that answers the question/makes sense?

Kind Regards,
thank you