webfoot can't scan connect to internet

• 26 April 2015
  • 3 replies

trying to run a scan and keep getting message webroot can't connect to internet

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi lerwri

Welcome to the cxommunity Forums.

At the risk of sounding trite...have you tried rebooting your machine and then seeing if WSA will connect?  If not then I recommend that as there is no reason why WSA should not be able to connect unless you are running some other security app that may be interfering (unlikley but always possible).

Regards, Baldrick
Yes I have tried to reboot, didn't help. Not running any other Security apps. Thanks though
Userlevel 7
Hi lerwi

No worries...always worth checking the obvious just in case. ;)

OK, next thing to try is an uninstall/clean reinstall of WSA justincase the issue is caused by a faulty installation or ocrruption (it sometimes does also happen).  To do this please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • Download a new copy of the installer here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click here)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Make sure that you are connected to the internet, as it is required for activation
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and Do NOT import any settings if so offerred; you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this ALSO fails to resolve the problem, you may need to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is directly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support which you can do by Submitting a Support Ticket if you have not already done so, or by phone during business hours.  (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7)

If your subscription is through Best Buy Subscription Software services, you may need to call them at 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Please let us know the outcome either way but I hope that the uninstall/reinstall resolves your issue.

Regards, Baldrick