webroot causing random reboots of windows 10?

• 17 July 2016
  • 5 replies

I installed Webroot security + yesterday. Since I have installed windows 10 has done a random reboot last night and today about 15 minutes after I woke my PC up from sleep. I have checked my internet pipeline and determined that there is nothing amiss there. The PC is 5 months old and has never done this before. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be happening?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi SloanA

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have not heard of this case before but given that you have just installed WSA what I would recommend is that you undertake an uninstall/clean reinstall in case the issue is due to a faulty initial install. If you would like to try this then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Once rebooted see if you can replicate the conditions in which you were gettingthe random reboots. Hopefully you now cannot but either way post back here with an update as soon as you can, and if the problem is still around we will try to assist further.

Regards, Baldrick
I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the new new launcher as you suggested. I did manage to catch one of the crashes and this was the error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (wrUrlFlt.sys)
Userlevel 7
Hi SloanA

Have you had any further crashes/BSODs since you uninstalled/re-installed?

The file mentioned is a Webroot one and so I am hoping that as a result of what you have done the issue is resolved. But if not then please Open a Support Ticket to advise the Support Team of the issue so they can investigate it for you.

Regards, Baldrick
So far, so good. I will open a ticket if it happens again. Thank you for the prompt help.
Userlevel 7
Hi SloanA

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that all is apparently well at present. If that should change and you do open a support ticket then just include a link to this thread in the ticket and the Support Team can read up on what we have tried here, and save you all that typing.

Regards, Baldrick