webroot vs lastpass

• 8 March 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I chose webroot password manager due to a migration from seamonkey to firefox which allowed? me to use webroot password manager, knowing that it is very similar to lastpass. However one feature of lastpass which I liked was the vault, and I am unable to find that. I also find the toolbar trivial in that it seems big on decorations at the expense of functionality.  I had expected a toolbar, not a dropdown box..  I seem to remember Webroot claiming something which is not available in lastpass.Have I got this wrong

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Our password manager is actually a white-label version of LastPass, so it's the same technology under the hood.  We aren't on the latest version of LastPass though, so if there's functionality in their version you prefer you might be better off using theirs directly.
Userlevel 1
Many thanks.  I will go back to the "version" I know and trust. I understand I can migrate my data tolastpass.
I have found the community to be very helpful, and possibly more knowledgeable than support. Sherry especially.. As a 75 Yo I amnot as quick to pick up new IT as I was 45years ago when I first started. I ampre CPM and pre DOS but not quite pre UNIX
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah if you're already familiar with and happy with the LastPass version, then no reason to migrate.  

Agreed - we've got some phenomal and savvy folks on here, and the community is a great resource!  I know what you mean about learning new things.  I'm only in my 40s, but I'm starting to get to the point where I heave a sigh when I have to learn a new interface 🙂
Userlevel 1
I have not yet migrated back to lastpass as there is a subscription for someservices. As I havea few e-mail addresses on my account, Iwant to make logging in to Thunderbird easier. I think I can do this with lastpass but so far I have not found out how to make TB a multi user ( and passwords) entity on Webroot password manager. In short I cannot make webroot an extension as I have with Firefox. I can set upmy mail (with Iomart) via their control panel, but I am stuck with a single password for SMTP, Webmail and POP. is there an obvious way round this. I was halfway there with SeaMonkey, but could not get the toolbar. Separating the functions gave me just a presence on the browser.
For what its worth using Webroot password manager has given me more confidence in lastpass, so I have still gained even if I Pay to move back.

RW