cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mounted drives scanning regardless of Advanced Options setting

Hi, there.

I have opened up a case with Webroot support, but I thought I'd post something here as well.

Has anyone noticed the latest version of Webroot SecureAnywhere for Mac (9.0.7.44: 775) scanning mounted drives (ie...Time Machine Backups) regardless of the "Scan mounted drives" setting in Advanced Settings --> Scan options being unchecked?

I have tried removing and reinstalling both the traditional way (shutting down SecureAnywhere and dragging the application to the trash prompting the uninstall) and through the terminal (sudo /usr/local/bin/WSDaemon -u ).

Has anyone else noticed this?  I have three High Sierra Macs all doing the same thing.  It started with this version of SecureAnywhere.

Just curious...

29 REPLIES
Frequent Voice
Frequent Voice

Re: Mounted drives scanning regardless of Advanced Options setting

Yes this seems like a bug in the latest release. I noticed this as well with mounted dvd drive. Dvd drive cannot be used due to the fact that another program (Webroot) is using the drive. This is not solved after Webroot finished scanning... drive cannot be used anymore... Please fix this annoying issue.

Community Manager

Thanks for posting and submitting a ticket with our Support team. That's the best way to get your issue resolved as fast as possible.

Regarding the matter at hand, I'd also like to know if others are experiencing this as I'll escalate this to our team and let them know that this is happening. I might have to reach out to each of you individually to collect some more information. 

Thanks!

Community and Advocate Manager
New to the Community?
Get started with these tips.

Thank you, freydrew.

I just got off the phone with Tech Support.  We have verified that the "Scan mounted drives" and "Scan archived files" options are unchecked.  We also agreed that the uninstalling and reinstalling yielding the same results is peculiar.

I have sent over support logs for the Support Rep to relay over to Product Development.

If others are having the same issue, please reply to freydrew so he can get a sense of how many others are experiencing the same thing.

Stay tuned...

Community Manager

Thank you for sharing @BrainSel and yes, if anyone else in the community is experiencing a similar issue please let me know by posting here on this thread. 

Happy to hear that Support was able to help you out. 

Community and Advocate Manager
New to the Community?
Get started with these tips.

Also me. Macbook Air High Sierra 10.13.3. Webroot SecureAnywhere 9.0.7.44: 779. Particularly irksome when it scans Time Machine drives. Haven't seen drives unusable after the scan though.  

Having the same problem here.

iMac High Sierra v10.13.3; Webroot SecureAnywhere v9.0.7.44:780

Popup window appears every few minutes to tell me that webroot is scanning newly mounted drives; specifically my TimeMachine backup drive attached to my AirPort Extreme.

Yes I am having the same problem of Webroot scanning my Freenas shared Time Machine. Scan Mounted Drives is unchecked. Webroot version is 9.0.7.44

~ Update ~

I received a message from Webroot Support today:

------------

Hello, 

Thank you for bringing the issue you are experiencing to our attention. The Webroot Development team has been notified of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. We expect to address this issue in an upcoming software version release, which will be downloaded automatically to your computer and installed when it is available. 

For now we would like you to go into the Advanced Settings of Webroot SecureAnywhere on your Mac and then go into the Scan Settings tab on the left panel. From there make sure that the option for "Scan mounted drives" is unchecked along with the option below it for "Scan archived files". 

If you require further assistance, please let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

The Webroot Support Team

------------

@freydrew, is there any way you can help track the progress of this fix?  I can't speak for anyone else, but my TimeMachine backups are on my network drive and this little bug is pounding both my storage and my network.

Thank you in advance, @freydrew.

Stay tuned, all...more to come from Webroot in the near future.

Same issues as everyone else!