Solved

What does the blue exclamation point in a grey Webroot icon mean?

• 6 July 2015
  • 8 replies

This happens periodically.  My Webroot icon at the top of my Macbook page is grey and there is a blue exclamation point in it. What does this mean??
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 6 July 2015, 21:05

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

I'm not sure about blue but seen orange and red so i will ping our Mac experts: @ @

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please  have a look at the Mac User Guide. http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/545/Using-the-SecureAnywhere-interface

Blue: means one or more potential risks require your attention.

Check to see if all that all shields are enabled http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/560/Managing-Shields

Has Webroot scanned your Mac for any threats? Also reboot your Mac and see if its still showing the blue exclamation mark.

@ you may need to uninstall/reinstall and I can give you instructions for this if you want.

If you still have problems then submit a Support Ticket and they can check this out for you free of charge with an active subscription.

Please keep us informed or if we can assist any further.

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 2
Every 6 weeks or so I also get the blue exclamation point. It does not mean that I am at risk, but that my license information is lost somehow.

Only way to resolve this is uninstall and reinstall. Very annoying....
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello RPI,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. Yes you are right, this is annoying to have to uninstall/reinstall Webroot.

Would  you mind submitting a Support Ticket and they can check this out for you free of charge with an active subscription. The Webroot tech Team should be able to resolve this.

Userlevel 2
Thanks Sherry. I submitted a support ticket. Kind regards.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Your most welcome RPI,

Please let us know the outcome if you get a chance. 😉

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Managed to resolve this issue by manual connecting to a different network, restart and reconnecting to my primary network. By doing so communication between Webroot and cloud has been restored. Webroot is working like a charm again 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Awesome RPI,

Thank you so much for letting us know how you resolved this issue. That makes sense that Webroot had a communication problem.. ;)

Have a great day!