Solved

When I try to start "Scan My Computer" I get Scan Failed - Cannot reach internet

• 7 July 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I get that message even though I do not have a problem accessing the internet.

Leo Thomas
[email removed]

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 7 July 2015, 17:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Is this a Windows PC or a Mac? Because reinstalling would help this.

Please follow the steps closely! This is for a PC not a Mac

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Badge +1
I have a Mac.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @,

I am sorry to hear about your issues that you are having.

You can try two things here befoe contacting support .  The first is something that you can try with out supports help and that is a permission fix.   The other you can uninstall reinstall Webroot and the other might require support to use SUDO commands. 

The Mac operating system relies on permissions for most tasks. If these permissions are incorrect, they can cause a variety of issues, both with your programs and with computer performance itself.

To check permissions on the Mac OS:
1. Navigate to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
Note: The Disk Utility feature is advanced and powerful. Any action you take using the Disk Utility is at your own risk. We recommend you only use the Disk Utility under instruction by a qualified technician.

2. Click the Hard Drive name, e.g. Macintosh HD, in the left panel.

3. Under the First Aid tab, select Show details.
4. Click Verify Disk Permissions. This operation may take some time to complete.

5. If the operation finds permissions issues, fixing them can resolve the issue you have reported. Click Repair Disk Permissions. This process may also take time to complete.

6. Once the repair process is finished, restart your computer.

7. After restarting, please test the issue you have reported. See if Webroot still gives you an error.

If you feel capable of doing a clean reinstall of Webroot then following these steps below.

8. To uninstall go here for instructions. http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1992&

8. You can go here to install Webroot http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1991&

If you continue to have these issues then please send support a ticket  free of charge with an active subscription.and let them know that you have already dione a permission fix.

Please let us know if you get this resolved or not.

Kind Regards,