Solved

Webroot® WiFi Security - Android Issues

• 15 October 2018
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @ I'm having issues with the release version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.mobile.wifisecurity on my Android Phone. When I disconnect and close the app the key lock Icon comes back at the top in 10 to 15 seconds but the Wi-Fi VPN is not active and I don't know but it will not let connect to my home network unless I sign out which is a pain as I never had these issues during the Beta. So I assume it is still active in some way and the sign out is my only option when I don't want to use the VPN at the time. Moto Z with Android v8.0.0 https://www.motorola.ca/products/moto-z

The release version for Windows is working great an as it should be!

@
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 25 February 2019, 18:29

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Hello @ I'm having issues with the release version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.mobile.wifisecurity on my Android Phone. When I disconnect and close the app the key lock Icon comes back at the top in 10 to 15 seconds but the Wi-Fi VPN is not active and I don't know but it will not let connect to my home network unless I sign out which is a pain as I never had these issues during the Beta. So I assume it is still active in some way and the sign out is my only option when I don't want to use the VPN at the time. Moto Z with Android v8.0.0 https://www.motorola.ca/products/moto-z

@
If he doesn't get a chance to address this, I'll bring it up when I meet with him tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

@
If he doesn't get a chance to address this, I'll bring it up when I meet with him tomorrow.
Thanks Lara I posted just in case others are having the same issue. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
More info. I uninstalled and restarted my Android Phone and then installed the Webroot® WiFi Security again and still the same issues.

1. Connected

2. Just disconnected

3. After 10 to 15 seconds and still disconnected and the only way to connect to my home network and to remove the Locked Key Icon is to sign out of the Webroot® WiFi Security app so that's where my issue stands

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I'm not having that issue @,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:

Hi @ can you post the details of your device Brand, Model and Android OS version!

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Hi @ can you post the details of your device Brand, Model and Android OS version!

Thanks,
Certainly Daniel..good idea..
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Samsung Version 8.0.0
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Android Version 8.0.0
 I wonder why my Moto Z with the same Android OS is having this issue? ¯_(?)_/¯
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Android Version 8.0.0
 I wonder why my Moto Z with the same Android OS is having this issue? ¯_(?)_/¯
Because it's a Motorola..LOL. :p
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ @ the new updated version has not fixed my issue I reported above: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Product-Releases/Product-Update-Webroot-WiFi-Security-for-Android-v1-0-3-70/m-p/332131  ¯_(?)_/¯
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
More info. I uninstalled and restarted my Android Phone and then installed the Webroot® WiFi Security again and still the same issues.

1. Connected

2. Just disconnected

3. After 10 to 15 seconds and still disconnected and the only way to connect to my home network and to remove the Locked Key Icon is to sign out of the Webroot® WiFi Security app so that's where my issue stands

Let me see if I can get eyes on this issue. Does this only seem to be with your model phone? It's certainly the first I've seen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Let me see if I can get eyes on this issue. Does this only seem to be with your model phone? It's certainly the first I've seen.

That's what I would like to know! The only thing I have to do is Sign Out and I never had these issues with the Beta's.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

That's what I would like to know! The only thing I have to do is Sign Out and I never had these issues with the Beta's.
Yeah, very strange. Some of our product managers are out in Japan, but I've sent them an email about this so hopefully they get back to me here soon. I'll keep you posted.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I have a Motorola G Model: XT1925DL, Type: M390A. My phone is a StraightTalk phone through Walmart. I'm having similar issues. I've opened a ticket with Tech Support, but I can't access the ticket now by using the information sent to me via 2 different emails, from Tech Support, afterwards.

The issues are happening on all three of my Android devices, and on my Windows 10 laptop. So what now, can I get a full refund, or can you help me, or what?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I have a Motorola G Model: XT1925DL, Type: M390A. My phone is a StraightTalk phone through Walmart. I'm having similar issues. I've opened a ticket with Tech Support, but I can't access the ticket now by using the information sent to me via 2 different emails, from Tech Support, afterwards.

The issues are happening on all three of my Android devices, and on my Windows 10 laptop. So what now, can I get a full refund, or can you help me, or what?

Hello @Wendelyn Geiger and welcome to the Webroot Community!

I don't see those kinds of issues when I use the WiFi VPN so I would suggest that you Submit a Support Ticket and I will ping a couple of the Webroot staff and not sure if the staffers will reply until Monday. @RMarchi@pstonethompson
And here is the online Guide for WiFi Security: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wifisecurity_userguide/wifisecurity_userguide.htm#WiFiSecurityUserGuide/WiFiSecurity.htm%3FTocPath%3DWi%2520Fi%2520Security%2520User%2520Guide%7C_____0

Thanks,
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
@Wendelyn Geiger if you want to DM (Direct Message) me your email address and/or ticket number I will get this chased up with support. I apologise for the inconvenience.

I will also get in contact with the client team to see if anyone else has reported this since the initial post.

For reference (@TripleHelix if you are still having the issue) if the VPN remains connected after disconnecting in the app or reconnects itself then you might be able to disconnect without signing out of the application by going to Android settings, "More" under "Wireless & networks" -> "VPN". Click on "WiFi Security" and press "DISCONNECT" at the prompt. This of course is only a workaround and I will chase up with our QA and client teams to see if they have been able to replicate this issue.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
@Wendelyn Geiger @TripleHelix Please can I also check with you if the "Kill Switch" is enabled under the menu, "WiFi Security" -> "Kill Switch".
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
@Wendelyn Geiger @TripleHelix I have also been asked by the Client team to check if "Auto WiFi Protection" is on or off when this happens.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yes, auto WiFi protection, and kill switch are both on. But I always have to connect manually, though it will continuously disconnect me from VPN without a warning.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
@Wendelyn Geiger For complete clarity, your issue is frequent disconnections from WiFi Security - not random instances where WiFi Security connects itself without action by you?

I have received your DM and am following up with the Consumer Support escalations team.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
"For complete clarity, your issue is frequent disconnections from WiFi Security - not random instances where WiFi Security connects itself without action by you?"

That is correct, and the ticket had also been opened because the kill switch wasn't (originally) available to turn on. The kill switch is now working, or appears to be on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@pstonethompson my WiFi Security on my Android Phone is working well since the latest update and no issues to report! https://community.webroot.com/home-product-releases-27/product-update-wifi-security-android-version-1-0-5-83-337071

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I might as well jump in here and say my WiFi Security on my Samsung Note 8 is working flawlessly. Connecting is very fast as it used to be slower. 🙃
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
That's great to know @TripleHelix. All we need to do now is sort out Wendelyn's disconnections and it will be time for a celebration cup of tea.