cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Voice

Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?

Everytime I connect with the Wifi Product on Windows 7 I get the EULA agreement before I can connect. Is there a way to dismiss the EULA and get the Wifi Product to connect automatically when  Wifi is available? 

11 REPLIES
Gold VIP

Re: Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?


@javahound wrote:

Everytime I connect with the Wifi Product on Windows 7 I get the EULA agreement before I can connect. Is there a way to dismiss the EULA and get the Wifi Product to connect automatically when  Wifi is available? 


I certainly agree with you about this annoyance, that everytime you turn on your computer one has to go through these steps in order to connect.

 It would be nice to Auto Connect or at least eliminate that EULA popup all the time. I dont understand that purpose of continually checking this box.. ?


Sherry




original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security



Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:14) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
New Voice

Re: Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?

I talked with Support yesterday for login problems and that was solved but I also brought up the EULA agreement popping up all the time on my PC product. He said they know about it and just keep agreeiing when it pops up. It doesn’t hurt anything.

 

Best regards,

GerardJC 

Silver VIP

Re: Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?


@Gerardjc wrote:

He said they know about it and just keep agreeiing when it pops up. It doesn’t hurt anything.


Sounds like it could get to be a PITA after awhile. Smiley Wink


Dave


Silver VIP


 

Late 2015 5K 27" Mac, 4GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, macOS High Sierra, 10.13.6  

iMac Clone & Backup with SuperDuper / Time Machine / iCloud / WSA 

Windows 7 X 64, 3.4GHz i7, 10GB RAM, 1TB HD

Gold VIP

Re: Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?


@ProTruckDriver wrote:

@Gerardjc wrote:

He said they know about it and just keep agreeiing when it pops up. It doesn’t hurt anything.


Sounds like it could get to be a PITA after awhile. Smiley Wink


You're exactly right PTD. It is a PITA now. Not to mention If you start WiFi minimized upon startup I tend to forget I have to manually click the prompts by opening up the WiFi and clicking the boxes to start the WiFi. It's not hard its just extra steps that I personally feel could be adjusted. Of course support said it doesn't hurt anything? What is that? LOL


Sherry




original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security



Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:14) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
Silver VIP

Re: Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?

I was getting those pop-ups and clicked on OK, but stopped getting them after a while. I did use the VPN last week a couple of times and they have still not returned.

The point is, with me they became a pain but I persevered until it stopped appearing but I do not know if that would work for everyone.

 


 


http://community.webroot.com/html/assets/SigSVIP.png  beta_tester_transparent.png

Luminary Signature.png


2016-07-18_12-11-32.png  Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security

New Voice

Re: Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?

I guess what I meant, Sherry, was that by agreeing to the EULA each time (i only get it not he PC products) that it was OK to do that. I only get that on the PC version, the Apple version, he tells me, is a different product. Although when you purchase the overall product (purchased the 5 device one) you get both both downloads. One for IOS and the other for PC if you need it. There are also more options on the PC version.

 

I don’t seem to get the repeating EULAs on the Apple version.

 

Best regards,

GerardJC

Gold VIP

Re: Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?


@Gerardjc wrote:

I guess what I meant, Sherry, was that by agreeing to the EULA each time (i only get it not he PC products) that it was OK to do that. I only get that on the PC version, the Apple version, he tells me, is a different product. Although when you purchase the overall product (purchased the 5 device one) you get both both downloads. One for IOS and the other for PC if you need it. There are also more options on the PC version.

 

I don’t seem to get the repeating EULAs on the Apple version.

 

Best regards,

GerardJC


Good morning Gerard, 

 

Thank you for explaining that. I have the 5 devices for the WiFi as well. I am not sure if I understand what you mean by different versions? I have the WiFi VPN Mobile version, (1.0.3.70). Which does not show me the EULA upon start up. My Mac and PC,  continuously get popups of the EULA upon all startups. I have not connected my other 2 devices as of yet. I have an iOS and another PC to install the VPN on.

 

Regards,

 

 


Sherry




original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security



Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:14) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
Gold VIP

Re: Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?


@Jasper_The_Rasper wrote:

I was getting those pop-ups and clicked on OK, but stopped getting them after a while. I did use the VPN last week a couple of times and they have still not returned.

The point is, with me they became a pain but I persevered until it stopped appearing but I do not know if that would work for everyone.


Thanks Jasper for that information. But the popups of the EULA have to be checked all the time for me upon startup. So you are fortunate that yours does not return. Odd?Smiley Indifferent


Sherry




original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security



Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:14) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
Silver VIP

Re: Wifi EULA, can it be dismissed?


@Ssherjj wrote:

@Jasper_The_Rasper wrote:

I was getting those pop-ups and clicked on OK, but stopped getting them after a while. I did use the VPN last week a couple of times and they have still not returned.

The point is, with me they became a pain but I persevered until it stopped appearing but I do not know if that would work for everyone.


Thanks Jasper for that information. But the popups of the EULA have to be checked all the time for me upon startup. So you are fortunate that yours does not return. Odd?Smiley Indifferent


Mine were like yours but they did stop although if yours are still going after all this time there must be soemthing wrong surely.

 


 


http://community.webroot.com/html/assets/SigSVIP.png  beta_tester_transparent.png

Luminary Signature.png


2016-07-18_12-11-32.png  Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security