Solved

Webroot can't activate code at this time....

• 4 November 2012
  • 7 replies

It's telling me I can't activate my code to install the newest version it says to check my internet connection to make sure secureanywhere can connect.....I checked my firewall settings and it gives me the option of webroot but when i try to allow through firewall it says it cant......I'm running windows vista any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 4 November 2012, 15:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Kmahrens89 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums,

Can I ask which firewall you are using and also is this the first time install?

Thanks,

TH
Userlevel 7
Hi Kmahrens89,
I just wanted to check in and make sure your issue is resolved. I'm guessing you probably worked it out on your own since we haven't heard back from you, but if not, we are still here to help if you need it. Please let us know. 🙂
Sorry it took so long to get back to you....It's my windows firewall that seems to be giving me the problem...and its the first time installing the new version of webroot I had the older version (the yellow target looking one) and uninstalled it first then tries to download it and it didnt download....suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If you need to download here is the Link let us know if it works for you!

HTH,

TH
I have the link for the istall already but its after I put the key code in and press install that a window pops up and says cant verfiy this code right now please make sure your internet connection allows secureanywhere to access the internet....thanks for the link though
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I found an Article to Reset your Vista firewall http://en.kioskea.net/faq/10186-vista-reset-your-firewall-to-default-configuration then try to install WSA again.

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
It's possible it's the older version of the Webroot firewall that's giving you trouble as well.  We might be chasing the wrong problem with the Windows firewall.  You mentioned an error or it saying "it can't."  If you can provide the exact text, that would be helpful.

You could try running the removal tool for the old version of the Webroot firewall to see if it's actually a leftover headless driving that's causing the issue too.  There is a link to it in this support article.  Please let us know if that helps.