Solved

Green checkmarks (and other warnings) gone

• 12 June 2017
  • 6 replies

Yesterday I noticed the green checkmarks and the other signs indicating a website is safe or not safe are not there like they used to be when I do a web search using my Chrome browser. Since they still are gone today, I thought I'd write and find out why. I have already checked my Webroot extension settings and everything that is supposed to be enabled is still enabled. What gives? Are my virus and other protections still active?
icon

Best answer by zorak 19 June 2017, 13:18

View original

6 replies

Hi Writerguy,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

You can reinstall the Web Filtering Extension for Chrome from HERE..

And yes, you are still fully protected by Webroot, even if you were to visit a site that had been marked as suspicious with the Web Filter.

HTH,

BD
Thank you for the response, but it did not solve the problem. I removed my Webroot extension, then reinstalled it using the link you referenced, and the checkmarks and other warnings still have not reappeared. Do you have any other suggestions?
Hi WriterGuy,

Very sorry to hear that it didn't work. That usually does the trick so I would recommend that you submit a support ticket so Webroot can check into this for you.

Submit a ticket to Webroot Support.
or
Call 1-866-612-4227
M-F 7am?6pm MT

Please let us know what support has to say. Their remedy could be beneficial to other members here who may experience the same issue. ;)

Many thanks,
BD
Userlevel 3
I'm experiencing the same thing, no checkmarks on search results. The Webroot icon in the Extensions Bar goes green when a website first opens, but almost immediately it changes to grey.

Might be related to Windows Updates which were installed yesterday? Please let us know what Support comes up with.
Userlevel 7
@, I recommend you submit a ticket to our Team or contact them by phone so they can gather more information.

Send us a Support Ticket
Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Userlevel 3
Contacted Support and went through all the usual suggestions until we got to a reinstall of SecureAnywhere - which fixed the problem for me.

D'oh, should have thought to do that myself!