Solved

Program won't work

• 21 March 2012
  • 4 replies

Hi:
 I installed Complete 2012 today. Now I have a program that won't work anymore. The program is Eye-fi. It is a card reader that goes into a USB port and reads a Gig SD card in my camera. It should upload my pictures  to my PC but it does not.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might turn off, or undo in order to get this wifi card to work?
is there a way to shut down Complete 2012 to test this out?  I do a lot of photo uploading to my PC so I need this card. I actually wore (broke) out the mini USB in my camera because I use it so much.
icon

Best answer by MarkZ 23 March 2012, 06:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey MarkZ,

Welcome to the Community!

Before shutting down SecureAnywhere you can navigate to the Active Processes by Clicking on System Tools on the left-hand side of the software and then clicking on "System Control".  Here you will want to press the "Start" button under "Control Active Processes". Here you can look for the program Eye-fi and any others to check if they are being monitored or blocked.

If you would like to test the program after shutting down Webroot, you can do so by right clicking the green "W" in the system tray located near your clock and choosing Shut Down Webroot.

Please let me know what you find and if this helps!

Thanks,
Mike
Social Online Support Engineer
Userlevel 7
I'll be curious on the results on this.  I have an Eye-Fi card form my DSLR myself and I don't have any problems with it at all, and I do use SecureAnywhere Complete.

By the way, a moderator might want to move this to a better forum.
Thank You.
I did find another answer to this. I went to my  Control Panel , Sytem Security, then firewall , on the left is Allow a program through windows fire wall . I  check the boxes and it worked.  Sorry if I am in the wrong forum.  The guy at Eye-fi helped with this.  I don't know why it got blocked, but now all is well. Thank you for your quick response.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thank You.
I did find another answer to this. I went to my  Control Panel , Sytem Security, then firewall , on the left is Allow a program through windows fire wall . I  check the boxes and it worked.  Sorry if I am in the wrong forum.  The guy at Eye-fi helped with this.  I don't know why it got blocked, but now all is well. Thank you for your quick response.
Hmm.  Yes, the Windows Firewall would affect Eye-Fi because it listens for push messages.  Not actually a Webroot issue, which is why we couldd only express curiosity and recommend trying with us turned off.  The important thing is that you got it working, and as you can see, contacting the support of the program having the issues is always the best bet since they know their software better and can direct you to the things to look for.

Enjoy the photography!