Solved

Millions of accounts compromised in Snapchat hack

• 1 January 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
"(CNN) -- Hackers appear to have posted account info for 4.6 million users of quickie social-sharing app Snapchat, making usernames and at least partial phone numbers available for download."

"The hack was seemingly intended to urge Snapchat to tighten its security measures. The anonymous hackers said they used an exploit created by recent changes to the app, which lets users share photos or short videos that disappear after a few seconds."

"In the statement, the hackers said they blurred the last two digits of the phone numbers they posted but were still considering whether to post more with the full number visible."

Full Article

I do not know if this is related to the security hole initially reported to the Webroot Community in this post, but it would seem likely.  Either way it has gone from a potential problem to a huge breach apparently.

icon

Best answer by Baldrick 5 January 2014, 13:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I purchased a new key code 2 months ago to take advantage of the cheap deal.My old subscription runs out in 58 days,do I need to wait to use the new one or will the remaining days be added on if I activate the new keycode
Userlevel 7
Hi ARTEMIS96

Welcome to the Community Forums....:D

If I read you right you have not renewed your existing code but purchased a new one.  If that is indeed the case then you should Open a Support Ticket so that Support can add the remaining time on your current code to the new code or vice versa, and also take care of any transfer reqired, if any, between key codes.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Thanks Baldrick have done as you say and awaiting reply from support
Userlevel 7
Hi ARTEMIS96

No problem...always glad to help/assist where I can. :D

Have a great rest of weekend.

Regards

Baldrick