Hacked BigBoss, the biggest Cydia’s repository

• 21 July 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
by paganinip on July 21st, 2014

The BigBoss app repository, the default package store for Cydia application, has been hacked by a group of hackers which named itself “Kim Jong-Cracks”.

The BigBoss repository, one of the biggest and most popular repositories for jailbreak tweaks in Cydia, has suffered a major data breach. Cydia is an application very popular within the community of iOS Apple users, it is the jailbreaker’s App Store alternative for iOS. The unofficial store contains thousands of apps, themes, and many other downloads. Using Cydia iOs users can find and install applications on their jailbroken iOS Apple devices, the majority of the software in the store are available for free.The BigBoss repository is the default repository for iOS devices jailbroken with Cydia, it is a privileged target for cybercriminals.A group of hackers which name itself “Kim Jong-Cracks” gained the access to all packages present in the BigBoss repository and made them available through their own repository. As a proof to the hack, the groups made the deb index and BigBoss database available for download, which includes the log file reporting packages and their MD5. Full Article

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Wow, that is big news.  I used to jailbreak my phone, but now I don't bother as it is too much hassle.