Solved

Renewal

• 19 February 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around. Life happening and stuff!

Anyway, I have this little issue. I just renewed my Webroot Complete protection for another year. I activated my new key code and everything went through fine. But, that is not my issue. I had 84 days of coverage remaining before I renewed, and after activating my new key code, it says I have 366 days of protection remaining. Now, according to my math, I SHOULD have 449 days remaining. 

Could someone please look into this and let me know how I can get this resolved, please?
icon

Best answer by MikeR 20 February 2013, 22:05

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome back DannyK! ;)

The days are added when customers renew their current keycode. When you activate a separate keycode, it replaces the current one. I went ahead and associated your new keycode to your MyWebroot Account, made the change on the back-end, and added the remaining days to the new keycode (and then some).
Userlevel 3
Thank you Mike! I appreciate that. I went ahead and kept the recurring renewal, so I don't think will be an issue in the future.
Userlevel 7
No problem at all! Keeping the renewal helps especially when you have files backed up and passwords saved. I can always associate a new keycode though!
@ DannyK
Well glad you got some help. Been looking for renew deals for a few months now knowing mine was going to end.
I took someone else’s advice on the forums and call the sales department, and I would have to say it was the worst customer service I have received from anti-virus companies!

@MikeR
Why did my post get removed? I am posted about the service I recived from Webroot.
That is just as bad as a employee hanging up on you.

@Everyone else looking for a renewal read the below review.

I used to be very loyal to *removed by admin* from (*removed by admin*) had them for over 7 years, but in 2011 and 2011 there anti-virus was not that great. So I looked around and talked to some people and gave Webroot a try from 2012 till now. It has seemed to work pretty good this year that I have had it. I loved the speed, download size, and CPU usage. So after a few months of looking for renewal discounts for webroot, I called them today about 3 minutes before I started this reply.

I get the sales rep on the phone, and get my account pulled up. He asks what he can do for me today. I explain to him that I have been looking for a renewal discount, as being a returning customer most companies offer a good deal to keep them and that even when I am in my dashboard it only gives me the option to buy it at $80. I tell him I am looking to protect 3 computers and 2 smart phones now, and may need to protect 1-3 more computers soon. He tells me this is what I can do for you, if you would like to buy more than one year today I can save you money. So if you pay $160 today, I can give you 6 months free service! And that will protect 5 devices! So I explain to him that, well I seen an offer for $29.99, he explains to me well that is only for new customers and you cannot get that! I explain to him I do understand it is extra low, to get new customers in. I explain to him I do not want to pay $160 today, and that I would like to play below $80. He tells me that I cannot do that. And then asks me what I wanted to do. I expressed again that I did not want to pay $80 or more today, and that *information about third-party pricing removed by admin*
Userlevel 7
Hi Byte,

Your post was removed by a moderator because it is in violation of the Community Guidelines in a number of ways.

First,
Don’t Kill the Mood.
If you are joining the Webroot Community only to defile it, please move on. Or, if you witness someone attacking the company maliciously, Webroot kindly asks that you report the person so that Webroot can restore the Community balance (i.e. kick them out).

Secondly,

Don’t be a Spammer.
The Webroot Community should be used to share information about issues relating to Webroot, Webroot products and services and Internet security generally. Please do not post off-topic messages or attempt to promote a separate organization or cause.  Links to third-party security vendors will be removed.

Your post appears to read basically as an ad for a third party product that is cheaper than our own.  The fact that you are unwilling to pay what Webroot costs is unfortunate and regrettable.  I'm looking into any record of a sales interaction to see if I can find out what happened, and I'm sorry for your frustration and poor experience.  However, the software costs what it costs.  If you don't want to pay that, you don't have to.  Webroot provides the highest quality anti-malware service available.  As a higher value service, it may cost a bit more than inferior competitors.  Since the products are not the same, they will invariably cost differing amounts.  That's normal and to be expected.  Of course, if you prefer to go with the cheaper, less-effective product, that is your choice.

Please do not continue to break the Community Guidelines.  🙂
About the 1st rule you posted.
I was not attacking the company, I am reporting bad customer service of the emplyee that was rude and hung up on me.
Why? Because I think this should be taking care of. And since nothing can be done on the phone, I thought the best place would be the forums.

About the 2nd rule.
Not spamming in anyway. I was telling the WHOLE story. What I said and what was said to me. Which was everything I posted.
You say it is a ad, and it was not it was a real honest REVEIW! Also you should do your research, you say "Webroot provides the highest quality anti-malware service available" Well there has been 3rd party tests that shows this is not true. But like I said, I did like the software and was willing to renew. I was going to pay the full $80, untill I got that sales rep. That was totally rude and uncalled for. I never raised my voice, cussed at him, or ANYTHING like that. I was just calling to see if they was a way I could save a little money. Could have offered 5% off or a few bucks off. But I got nothing but rudeness and got hung up on.

So yes I want to make sure the company knows they have people like this working for them and it should be looked into!

I understand you edited out some parts that is fine, at lest this way it shows that a admin edited it so I gave the story but a admin wanted parts removed. But you should have last the part about "And he told me, ok that is nice, bye and hung up on me." As that is a big part of this whole reason of posting.
Userlevel 7
Regarding third-party tests, there are an abundance of those tests available, but unfortunately most of them do not take into account the journaling and rollback abilities of WSA.  When you're only testing part of the product, the scores tend to be lower because they aren't testing the entire system as a whole but rather rely on unrealistic zoo tests and heuristics tests that don't account for the fact that WSA can restore all affected parts of a system back to how it was prior to an infection being introduced.

All of that aside, if you were hung up on, you have our apologies.  Certainly we'd want to try to work something out with you.  I'll follow up via private message once I have a firmer understanding of what happened and what we can do for you.

The inclusion of discount codes are what made the post look rather spammy by the way.  :)

Please keep an eye out for a private message from me later on today.
Want to renewal
Except that auto renewal of current code is $79.99. Buy new with web coupon for $29.99. Is a punitive pricing the way a company demonstrates appreciation (or respect, even) if loyal customers?