Java SE Runtime Environment 7u45 Released

• 15 October 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Java SE Runtime Environment 7u45 Released October 15, 2013

Download: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

Be sure to download both x64 & x86 if you have a x64 system and uncheck any unwanted add-ons if offered.

Also here is the version verification page: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Oracle Java SE Executive Summary
This Critical Patch Update contains 51 new security fixes for Oracle Java SE. 50 of these vulnerabilities may be remotely exploitable without authentication, i.e., may be exploited over a network without the need for a username and password.

The highest CVSS Base Score of vulnerabilities affecting Oracle Java SE is 10.0

The Oracle Java SE components affected by vulnerabilities that are fixed in this Critical Patch Update are:
Java SE
Java SE Embedded
JavaFX
JRockit

TH

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
As always, thank you for these notifications TripleHelix.
These days I'm finding out about many releases through you rather than my normal channels! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thanks Daniel for the heads up! Being a forced user of Java rushing to update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's what I do guys and Thanks, when I see updates on critical apps such as Java and Adobe and even Windows Updates and  I like to get the info out ASAP to our Members as Security is more then just having an AV we got to keep our systems patched. ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Finally!

My bank at last understood that relying on Java is bad approach and from 24th October they will implement other security solution for online banking application that won't be dependant on Java. So if everything goes well, I will uninstall Java on 25th. :D 
Userlevel 7
Today is a significant day!

As I already hinted in my previous post, my bank house released today the new banking online system that doesn't require Java applets. The system is stabile enough that I could allow to uninstall Java so soon. So after many years when I was forcibly tied with Java only for purpose to run my banking finally I could get rid of one of the most unsecured application ever.

I can breathe much better now. :D

Farewell Java!