Solved

Outlook slow

• 22 November 2013
  • 8 replies

Since installing Secure Anywhere sending and receiving emails by Outlook has slowed to an unacceptable level. I don't know if the cause is Secure Anywhere or if this is just by chance. Can anyone comment on this and if the cause is Secure Anywhere is there anything I can do about it?
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 22 November 2013, 17:08

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Havent heard or seen any issues with WSA and Outlook, we all use that combination here in the Dublin Webroot office. You could try shutting down WSA for a minute and do a quick test.

Turn off Webroot SecureAnywhere

1. Locate the SecureAnywhere icon in your system tray.
2. Right-click the system tray icon and select "Shut down protection."
3. A prompt confirming whether you want to shut down appears. Click Yes.
4. Depending on your settings, you may have to complete a CAPTCHA for confirmation as well.

Open Outlook and send yourself a quick email. Please note that you are unprotected while WSA is shutdown. I would advise opening Outlook first recieve any mail that is waiting for you. 
Thanks for reply. Have just tried what you suggest with Secure Anywhere active and again shutdown. Both emails received almost instantly. So, it must be something else that is slowing down receipt of most emails.

Userlevel 7
That is odd, I would like to see some logs from your PC to see whats going on. If you create a support ticket we can send you our diagnostic program. 
Userlevel 7
I see your ticket I have assigned it to myself. Nothing in the scan logs apart from one file being monitored. I will send on diagnostic instructions now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Are you running any other antivirus?
Yes, I still have Kaspersky which I have not switched off. If I do switch it off will I loose any facilities that Secure Anywhere does not have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
When I tried Kaspersky on my computer with WSA it made Outlook slow to a crawl.
You'll want to contact support and let them know about the conflict, I guess it wasn't just me.

I don't have an opinion either way if you should turn it off.
Userlevel 7
Hi there

I use WSA & KIS together and have not come across any significant slowdowns as a result. Having said that I do not use Outlook.

At the risk of being considered patronising have you made sure that KIS is whitelisted in WSA, and conversely that WSA is Excluded & Trusted in KIS?

If not then please try that.

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick