Adobe’s last XP patches for Flash, Acrobat and Reader - users will be on their own from now on

Userlevel 7
Adobe’s Last XP-ready Patches Cover Critical Updates for Flash, Acrobat and Reader
by infosecurity

The software maker announces fixes for several remote code execution vulnerabilities. Adobe managed to go one better than Microsoft this week with a bulletin featuring multiple security updates for Flash, Reader, Illustrator and Acrobat.
The software maker’s tally included “priority 1” ratings related to two updates each for Reader and Acrobat and four critical updates for Flash. It had the following in a statement: “Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.206 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh and Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.356 and earlier versions for Linux. These updates address vulnerabilities that could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. Adobe recommends users update their product installations to the latest versions”. It added that the Windows and Mac updates for Adobe Reader and Acrobat XI and earlier versions relate to vulnerabilities ”that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system”.
Qualys CTO Wolfgang Kandek noted in a blog post that the update is the last to provide Windows XP users with Adobe patches – they will be on their own from now on.

Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Mike I will check the next Adobe Flash update and see if I can install it on XP!

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Thanks Daniel!
On my already retired HP laptop I still have WinXP onboard so I will also keep an eye on it ;)

Cheers:D

Mike