Prove it! Another security vendor claims 100 percent malware detection

• 22 July 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Comment: Another company has claimed 100% malware protection !!! ( Right and I heard the before) My opinion nothing is 100% accurate but read this for your self.
=================================================================================================
By Roger A. Grimes | InfoWorld Posted on July 22 2014

Longtime readers know that I abhor antimalware companies that promise 100 percent detection. It's No. 3 on my vendor snake oil list. Many companies have made similar guarantees in the past, and none has come close to fulfilling them. If it could be done, don't you think McAfee, Symantec, Microsoft, or any of the other 100-plus antimalware vendors would have figured it out billions of dollars ago?
Now along comes another company, Trustwave, to raise the red flag and guarantee 100 percent detection. This surprised me because I'm a fan of Trustwave. What I knew of its business and reputation is one of a trustworthy MSS (managed security service) provider.

InfoWorld/ Full Read Here/ http://www.infoworld.com/d/security/prove-it-another-security-vendor-claims-100-percent-malware-detection-246704

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
The terms and conditions for their guarantee are an interesting read: Zero-Malware-Guarantee-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf

I especially like this part of what needs to be provided along with a warranty claim against this guarantee:

"The original infection URL(s) (up to 10 URLs for each claim), and the date they were browsed. If the URL is no longer malicious at the time of investigation, the claim will be determined to be invalid."

-Dan

Edit to fix PDF link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well?

Ho hum another promise of a pill that will allow you to live forever on the net, I can do better unplug your PC from the Internet and the power plug and put it away.......let it collect dust and I can guarantee there will be no infection. LOL

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Well?

Ho hum another promise of a pill that will allow you to live forever on the net, I can do better unplug your PC from the Internet and the power plug and put it away.......let it collect dust and I can guarantee there will be no infection. LOL

Daniel :D
That will do it!

Ah that fine print Nic! The warning and conditions always written so small and the verbage they use, bottom line, BUYER BEWARE! Vendor is covered and can not be held liable, LOL,