Solved

[Infographic] How Do Consumers Rate Their Security Software?

• 30 September 2013
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 7

icon

Best answer by akim 1 October 2013, 18:43

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
No surprise at the survey results with Webroot right at the top of the heap.No other a/v provider focuses on their customers like Webroot.I have yet to field complaints from any people i have done a Webroot install for.Success is no accident.A great many people have worked very hard at every level of Webroot with an unshakable focus on creating a great line of products and keeping their customer happy.It's a sincere pleasure to be a Webroot user and supporter.
Not too surprised but... I unfortunately can't find an internet link to these Net Promoter 2012 customer satisfaction scores. Yegor, can you provide us with a link (or links) if they still exist? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It was a survey that was Announce 3 weeks ago but who all took part that I don't know. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Community-Announcements/It-s-Webroot-Survey-Time/td-p/56473#.Ukqq2hDVGN8

TH
You mean it was a survey conducted by Webroot among its own Webroot Community posters (and presumably it would have been mainly the most loyal users who would have replied) and not by an independent organisation?!? If so, this post seems a bit misleading to say the least. And how did Webroot get the results for the other AVs?

I'm not so surprised that you have such a high customer satisfaction rate, after all I've known and used WSA and its predecessor Prevx for 7 years now, but I am surprised if Webroot are publishing the results of their own survey and making it appear (to me at least) to have been a survey from a reputable independent organisation.

Maybe there's something I haven't properly understood here? Perhaps, Yegor, you can explain a bit more clearly? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Sorry for the confusion - we did conduct a survey of our Community members recently, but that was for a different purpose. This study was conducted by an independent research firm and included Webroot customers as well as a panel of US home PC users (many of whom use our competitors' products).

As far as a public link, we are working on adding this to Webroot.com, but it will likely be a couple of weeks before it is live. Let me know if there are any additional questions about this and I'll be happy to help clarify.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Sorry for the confusion - we did conduct a survey of our Community members recently, but that was for a different purpose. This study was conducted by an independent research firm and included Webroot customers as well as a panel of US home PC users (many of whom use our competitors' products).

As far as a public link, we are working on adding this to Webroot.com, but it will likely be a couple of weeks before it is live. Let me know if there are any additional questions about this and I'll be happy to help clarify.
Sorry Anna my mistake as I see now it was done in August in the above picture at the bottom. :(

Daniel
Thanks, Yakim. Obviously just a case of crossed wires between TH and myself! Yes, it would be great to have the link if and when you find it (and indeed if it still exists). As I said, I'm not surprised with the result given my experience with the product and past support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
No problem TH, I can understand the confusion and I appreciate the chance to clarify for others who might have thought the same thing. :D

Muddy7, I will post the link to the Community when it is available. Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Whilst this is interesting and useful stats to bear in mind, it should be noted there are customers who are happy with other security vendors in addition to Webroot.

We mustn't have skewed thinking that just because WSA is in a class of its own, it doesn't always follow that other products have failed their users in whatever form.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Thank you ,

Where i can access to high resulotion this inforgraph picture .
Userlevel 7
Hi Durantash,
It's good to see you again! I've sent you a super-high-res version via private message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hi Jim ,

Thank you so much .
Yes i received it .
It is very good .
Why do not issue it public access for all users ?

Regards ,
Userlevel 7
It's too big to do that. Most users wouldn't want to wait for a graphic of that size to load probably, so we used a smaller one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
ummm , yes ,
i suggestion make 2 pictures , small size for first view and if user want high resolution click on first picture and access to high quality image .
Userlevel 7
McAfee had a negative satisfaction result. That's funny.
A good question,

Personally IF I had been ask it would have been a resounding I HATE THEM And I am a VERY UNHAPPY Customer. I wish to GOD I had never met them as of this date I have viruses that I can not get off my computer as I keep getting a message that I am not the admin that I need to contact them. I have never had such bad internet security in my entire fifteen years of internet life ever before I got mixed up with Web root, I hope my freaking husband who seems in LOVE with them is happy now that I may have no computer soon. Thanks for NOTHING Web root!

Edit:  We appreciate your feedback and are happy to help, please know that this message was originally edited because of possible violation of  Community Guidelines - Don't Kill The Mood. However, we wanted to make sure that you were able to take into account the suggestions provided by the Community. Our Threat Team would be more than happy to analyze your system and diagnose/remove any possible infections. 

Mike R

Userlevel 7
Hi FedUp

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with WSA.  I am not sure if you are aware but as a WSA user you have access to Webroot Support who are there to help customers in your position, i.e., believe they are or are in fact, infected with malware despite using WSA.

May I suggest that as soon as possible you Open a Support Ticket and providing them with all the information you have about your issues so that they can see how best to help you.  Of course, Webroot will be closed for the holidays but it is till worth getting the ticket raised as soon as you can.

I hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
I am sorry you feel the way you do Fedup.I think Baldrick covered all the basics here.Keep in mind NO solution is 100% effective..i can't say this enough.That's why WSA's technologies along with it's ability to be used along with other a/v solutions is a wonderful thing.I have had WSA running on at least 1 of my machines since the beginning,and i have yet to have ANYTHING get by it.I have worked on enough machines to know that most people who get infected by certain threats usually go looking for them,or have no concept of what it is to surf safely.Same goes for PUP's.People are their own worst enemies(read the EULAs),and to expect a security company to deal with the aftermath when a user gives something persmission to run,or deliberately disables part of the protection,is ludicrous.All this being said,no company works harder than Webroot to ensure their customers satisfaction.They will work with you as long as needs be to ensure a resolution.This morning i had opened a ticket for a minor issue and it was remedied within hours.You will not find this level of customer service anywhere else.I know.Believe me,as i have dealt with other companies from time to time in cleaning up and fixing non-webroot protected pcs.I would urge you to give Webroot a fair chance.
Userlevel 7
Hi@FedUp. If you can, please give us a better description as to what you are seeing when you try to use your computer. While you may have an infection of some sort it is also entirely possible that you have a hardware issue.

Please give us more information so we can help, or contact Webroot so they can help you.
Userlevel 7
Please let us know if you have submitted a ticket and if you have any other questions at this time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi ? what an excellent graft to explain why Webroot is the best around.  I go into BestBuy all the time, I want to print a copy of just the graphics and pin it next to the Webroot display. Great job!    😉