Google's Schmidt says Android devices are more secure than iOS

• 8 October 2013
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1455 replies
"Google executive Chairman Eric Schmidt says he believes his company's mobile platform is more secure than iOS."

“The FBI and Department of Homeland Security released a report on mobile malware that indicated 79 percent of mobile malware threats affect Android.”

Interestingly, a report released from Juniper Networks found that Android devices are targeted at a much higher rate than iOS devices, although 77 percent of the Android threats could be eliminated if users had downloaded the latest version of Google’s operating system.

Full article

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
I might be inclined to believe him had i not seen the obvious for myself.I know a few mobile shops locally here that are flooded on a regular basis with malware infected ANDROID devices.Granted,a great many threats can be mitigated by keeping your os and apps up to date,but unfortunately a lot of people,and a vast majority of mobile users,are totally security ignorant and quite lazy when it comes to updating anything.I'm not sure how feasible it is,but i personally would have no issue with a forced update for important updates.