Solved

Navigating and reinstalling Webroot

• 26 February 2012
  • 9 replies

Webroot continues to be a double-edged sword for me.  I've always had great difficulty navigating and finding things, and have a difficult time distinguishing the different opening pages.  There should always be an easy way to (1) assess my own account and (2) gain access to help and support from webroot.com.

My most recent example is that I lost Webroot on my other pc due to a computer problem and have to reinstall.  I go to webroot.com, then mywebroot, and enter my email address and password.  I'm now on the Secureanywhere page on that computer with four boxes - PC Security, Mobile Security, Backups, and Passwords.  Nowhere on the site is there a link to help and support, or a place to find "community," or to gain access to all the Webroot tools and options

I managed to find a link to reinstalling on another computer and thought I reinstalled webroot but it added the webroot as an additional pc rather than reinstalling.  This was on Internet Explorer and now I want to add it to Firefox but that will probaby be considered as over the limit for number of pc's.

I usually manage to figure things out in the end I lose hours trying to find basic information to get there.

So my two immediate questions are (1) where do I go from webroot.com to full access to all the information about my webroot account (I signed in to "mywebroot" but I just get the four boxes) and (2) how do I reinstall on Firefox without it being considered as another pc?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by HowardR 27 February 2012, 19:37

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Tarbucks!

To access all your account information, you'll need to log into my.webrootanywhere.com like you did with the 4 tabs. At the top right you'll see your email address with an arrow pointing down. If you click on your email you'll be able to access a new download and your keycode for re-installation. You can find an example of what to look for on our website user guide here.

We can easily remove the extra PC's on your console. Can you open a support ticket here so we can get that organized for you.

Thanks!
Angela
Thank you, Angela.  However, when I follow these instructions I end up with with a file called wsainstall.exe and when I click on that I get a secure anywhere complete window with no information on reinstalling.  When I click on help and enter "reinstall" in the window there is no results from that search.  I will try a support ticket.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Tarbucks,

If there is already a version installed on the computer when running wsainstall.exe it will load the main interface of the program. Does that look like what is occurring?

Thanks,
Angela
Yes, it does.  I have it installed on Internet Explorer on the same computer.  It could be the same toolbar problem I've had previously with Webroot and Firefox but when I follow the previous instructions to load the toolbar I'm unable to save the resulting exe file as per the instructions.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Tarbucks,

Thanks for the update! This makes sense now, you'll need a different tool to install the toolbar onto Firefox.Re-installing the program currently won't do this. Our toolbar is currently not compatible with firefox 9/10 so we've created a tool to make it compatible until we can release a new software update.

Please follow these steps to run this utility:

1. Download the utility from this link and save it to your desktop:

http://download.webroot.com/fftbfix.exe

2. Close all instances of Firefox.
3. After it is downloaded and saved double click the “fftbfix.exe” file.  If you receive any messages asking if you want to Continue to Allow, please do so.
4. A small window will open and the utility should complete quickly.
5. After the display window indicates “Done!” press the Finish button and the window will close.

After the process is complete, you can restart Firefox and the toolbar will be available.  If the toolbar is not immediately available, please check your Firefox add-ons and re-enable the Webroot Toolbar.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks!
Angela
Thank you.  This is what I tried before and I tried it again.  When I click on the link and save the exe file I get a window that says "could not find the profile directory."  When I click "finish," nothing happens.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Tarbucks,

Can you please open Firefox then select Tools > Add-ons. Can you see the Webroot addons in this list?

If the Addons are located in the list we do have a workaround but if this appears too difficult please open the support ticket or update the support ticket so we can have someone assist you with the instructions.

The workaround is as follows:

In Windows 7 or Vista, copy the contents of
C:Users*Your Admin Account*AppDataRoamingMozillaFirefoxProfiles*Your Admin Profile*extensions{8ac62a8b-8b3f-43ba-9b1a-90c299b9dfda}
to
C:Users*Standard User*AppDataRoamingMozillaFirefoxProfiles*Standard User Profile*extensions{8ac62a8b-8b3f-43ba-9b1a-90c299b9dfda}

Then restart Firefox.

In Windows XP, copy the contents of
C:Documents and Settings*Your Admin Account*Application DataMozillaFirefoxProfiles*Your Admin Profile*extensions{8ac62a8b-8b3f-43ba-9b1a-90c299b9dfda}
to
C:Documents and Settings*Standard User*Application DataMozillaFirefoxProfiles*Standard User Profile*extensions{8ac62a8b-8b3f-43ba-9b1a-90c299b9dfda}

Then restart Firefox.

Thanks,

Angela
I'm not able to find "tools" on Firefox.  When I click on the Firefox tab I see "Add-ons" but when I open that I don't see Webroot add-ons.  I opened a ticket before your initial response but the link they give me just brings me back to a general Webroot window. They say to save it but I don't know what to save since it's just the general Webroot window.  

Thanks for your help.  I'll follow up with the ticket.
Userlevel 4
Hi t6arbucks,

There is one more step that you may need to do to get the toolbar working with Firefox 10.  Please follow the Solution I posted in the link below and let us know if this resolves the issue.

Enable WebrootToolbar in Firefox 10

Thanks,

Howard