Solved

Is the firewall redundant and how safe is your registry cleaner?

• 24 April 2012
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
As far as I know Windows 7 has a two way firewall, what exactly does Webroots firewall do and can it conflict with Windows Firewall?

I am very cautious about letting third party software clean my registry. If your software totally safe when it is touching my registry for cleaning? I have cleaned my registry in the past with software like CCleaner and it really caused problems because I am an idiot and cleaned too much haha.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 25 April 2012, 16:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
As far as I know Windows 7 has a two way firewall, what exactly does Webroots firewall do and can it conflict with Windows Firewall?
There's no conflict with Windows Firewall. Webroot works with Windows Firewall. Here is some more information about Webroots Firewall: http://www.webrootanywhere.com/sah_Firewall.asp?n=About_the_firewall

Userlevel 3
thank you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Great information on the Firewall ProTruckDriver!

Welcome garlicwebroot ;) 

The SecureAnywhere firewall monitors data traffic traveling out of your computer ports and looks for untrusted processes that try to connect to your internet. Webroot's firewall works in tandem with the Windows firewall which monitors data traffic coming into your computer. When both firewalls are running you have complete inbound and outbound protection!

As far as the registry cleaner goes, we do not have one, so have no fear of us removing or cleaning necessary files from it. 

Userlevel 3
Webroot says it can clean Windows Registry Streams. What is that? I thought it was a registry cleaner.
Userlevel 7
 Hey garlicwebroot!

I understand your confusion because many registry cleaner programs also include the functionality to clear Windows registry streams. Our product is not intended to "clean the registry" and we shy away from removing unused registry entries.

What you are referring to is clearing the registry stream. This is more like refreshing the history of activity that Windows stores in the registry, such as when you open, close, or move Explorer windows. It also clears the history of recent changes you made to the Windows registry, but does not delete the registry changes themselves! :D

Let me know if that clears things up.
Userlevel 3
thank you 🙂