Solved

Does Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus Have a Firewall?

• 5 January 2013
  • 9 replies

I purchased a one-year subscription to the AV, using Windows 7 operating system.  Everything went well.  Then I noticed in the GUI that the Webroot firewall was on and activated.  Then I went to Security Center and saw that Windows 7 firewall was on, so I deactivated it.  Then the Security Center flagged this, saying that there was no active firewall.  Just wondering what's going on.  Either I don't have a firewall with Webroot AV, or the firewall is not being recognized.  Should I reactivate the Windows 7 firewall?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 7 January 2013, 21:57

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello jjc225 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Yes it does and it works with the Windows Firewall please see Here ;)

TH
Thanks for the clarification. I had no idea the Webroot firewall works alongside the Windows firewall. I'll turn it back on!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very welcome and Webroot keeps it program very light the reason for the Outbound only built in WSA as Windows Firewall is very strong at Inbound!

TH
I also notice some of the strong features of PrevX in this new version of Webroot. I always loved PrevX and am glad to see its key features have been incorporated seamlessly into Webroot. The fast scan, scripts, and the way help is set up is very reminiscent of PrevX.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Exactly as I used Prevx since 2004 and Webroot has continued and built upon it greatly. 😉 And This is always great to watch.

TH
Userlevel 1
Hello,

Does Webroot's firewall also works with McAfee's firewall, as in McAfee's total protection?

PJB1950
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello,

Does Webroot's firewall also works with McAfee's firewall, as in McAfee's total protection?

PJB1950
Yes it should just make sure McAfee's firewall lets WSA have full right's to the system and the Internet! Also please see Here.

TH
Userlevel 1
Thank you for your quick answer! Yes McAfee "gives" webroot 'full access', so that must be ok then!

PJB1950
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes and if you have any issues feel free to post them! ;)

TH