USB - Can't Access My Photos

• 18 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Guys!

Need Help on this... Every time I paste my photos on my USB device the file changes to this and I can't access it.

I already reformat my USB and still I get this. I already scan my Computer and USB -  webroot won't detect any virus. Can some help me on this?

TIA

Need help!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi paulNivy

If you Google "files copied to USB drive changed to shortcut" you will see a number of link to very recent articles on this of which the first seems to be the best/most informed. Take a look at that one.

Community Guidlines does not 'allow' the posting of links to other forums as a rule (not unless they are well recognised, etc.) so if you have difficulty with this then please send me a private message and I will look to try to assist outside the forum.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi paul Nivy

Further to ur PMs I thought it best to reflect  the substance of them here as assistance for other with the same issue.

OK, the advice provided as been undertaken and has not resolved the issue, so that on assumption that you are actually infected by this shortcut virus I would Open a Support Ticket ASAP, to let the Support know of the issue.

Describe all that you have done & tried and hopefully their professional help will be able to resolve the issue for you.

The service is free of charge to all users with an active subscription, of which I assume that you are one.

And please let us know what they say/do to assist...feedback if this nature is very useful to us here in the Communityy.

Regards, Baldrick