Solved

An active process has a possible handle leak (explorer.exe).

• 20 May 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
should i block explorer exe on my webroot secureanywhere complete or is there a way to fix it please please can someone help me tyvm
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 25 June 2018, 17:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi rocker420

Welcome to the Community Forums.

To be honest I would not worry about what System Analyzer is reporting re. memory leaks; it is just a baseline tool & given the app or app(s) that are likely to be reported as such, i.e., explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc., there is nothing that one can do about such leaks other than report them to the author of the app(s). And given that explorer.exe is a Microsoft product it is unlikely that Microsoft will do anything about it.

For information the explorer.exe process is the user shell for Windows, and is used by such items as the desktop, File Explorer, Start menu, and taskbar. So if your system is running fine/as per normal then I would just ignore what the System Analyzer says in relation to this.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 1
Tysm for the reply & the information much appreciated 
Userlevel 7
Hi rocker420

You are most welcome. Glad to be of some assistance. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Thanks! yall keep up the good work. 
Userlevel 1
awesome tyvm for the reply yes my computer is running fine so ill just ignore as you say tytyty
I am using Firefox as my browser, up until  a couple of weeks ago I had no problems at all, but all of a sudden my browser is freezing up and will not respond at all.  I have to wait 10 minutes or more before it will work, most of the time I either have to end the firefox in the tasks men u or shut my computer down and restart.  I started using Mircosoft Edge and have absolutely no problem with it.  Is the a Firefox problem or is Mircrosoft trying to shut me out because I'm using Firefox.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
I am using Firefox as my browser, up until  a couple of weeks ago I had no problems at all, but all of a sudden my browser is freezing up and will not respond at all.  I have to wait 10 minutes or more before it will work, most of the time I either have to end the firefox in the tasks men u or shut my computer down and restart.  I started using Mircosoft Edge and have absolutely no problem with it.  Is the a Firefox problem or is Mircrosoft trying to shut me out because I'm using Firefox.
In most cases doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Firefox fixes most issues and here to download the lastest: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

Please let us know if that solves your issue.
Hi! So inn havingthe same webroot notice, and over the past 3 days my computer has been displaying issues... the explorer is slow to run, as is the start/file search/etc. Do you have advice on what to do in this case? Thanks!