Solved

Hack, malware or keystroke logging

• 23 July 2018
  • 6 replies

I might have been hacked. I might have malware and I might have keystroke logging.
I just bought webroot Internet Security Complete.
I hired Best Buy to scan and clean my other MacBook.
I loaded Webroot onto another MacBook, so I could do some work.
Is this a big mistake? Because the hacker might be able to see how I logged into this program? and see how it was loaded?
My goal was to secure this computer and get work done, while I am waiting for my other computer.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 24 July 2018, 02:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

To get a free security check by Webroot Support Please Submit a Support Ticket and tell them you are using a Mac and they will check to make sure you are secure and safe! 😉 I will ping three of our Mac experts @ @ @ and maybe they can add more info! Also here is the WSA Mac User Guide: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_mac_userguide/wsa_mac_userguide.htm#WSAMacUserGuide/MacUserGuide.htm%3FTocPath%3DWSA%2520Mac%2520User%2520Guide%7C_____0

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

I think if you are having doubts of being protected by Webroot please Submit that Support Ticket as @ has advised for peace of mine and they will gladly check your Mac out for any issues. I am running Mac and Webroot protects me from Keyloggers. You could also check in your Launchpad and open Activity Monitor and see if you see anything running that you are not aware of. Make sure you check your Preferences and see that you are locked down in Security & Privacy.

Please have a look at the Advanced Setting here https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_mac_userguide/wsa_mac_userguide.htm#ShieldingYourMac/ChangingRealtimeShieldSettings.htm%3FTocPath%3DShielding%2520Your%2520Mac%7C_____4

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ I don't see any info if the Mac version has Identity Shield like with the PC version so can you add if there is?

From the PC version!

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ I don't see any info if the Mac version has Identity Shield like with the PC version so can you add if there is?

From the PC version!

Thanks,
Hi Daniel,

The Mac is different and we don't have this keylogging listed in our GUI:

When "Pause Secure Keyboard Entry" is paused then Webroot will not be able to secure keystrokes against keylogging software.. Many Webroot Mac users have issues with examples like "Adobe" or "Photoshop" suppressing the dictation of these programs. So Webroot Support tells Mac Users to "Pause Secure Keyboard
Entry".

I have not had to pause this on my Mac. ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

From the PC version!

Thanks,
Hi Daniel,

When "Pause Secure Keyboard Entry" is paused then Webroot will not be able to secure keystrokes against keylogging software.. Many Webroot Mac users have issues with examples like "Adobe" or "Photoshop" suppressing the dictation of these programs. So Webroot Support tells Mac Users to "Pause Secure Keyboard
Entry".

Okay and thanks for the info and noted for future reference! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

From the PC version!

Thanks,
Hi Daniel,

Entry".

Okay and thanks for the info and noted for future reference! ;)
Certainly Daniel! Happy I could oblige! 😃