freecorder

• 14 August 2014
  • 5 replies

I am new here. Using windows 8. Webroot will not allow me to download freecorder (or a few other similar programs to record MP3 audio).

Anyone have any solutions for this?

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi freecorder

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You have actually posted in the Ideas Exchange rather than in one of the two more usual places here or on one of the forums here depending on which version of WSA you are using.

You can either repost your question in one of those or we can try to help from here.

If the latter then would you let us know how you know that the download is being blocked?  What are the signs/indications that this is happening?

Regards

Baldrick 
Baldrick - thanks. When I download freecorder webroot opens up and advises freecorder contains a virus - I have tried this with about 3 other free similar programs with the same results.

Basically I am trying to capture audio from youtube and creat MP3's. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Hi ny22nole

Please take a look at and read this Knowledge Base article carefully as it explains and walks you through the three areas, and thence types of blocks, that WSA can apply and that could be the cause of the issue that you are experiencing.

Do come back if nothing therein helps to resolve your issue...and we will have a further think as to what can be advised to assist.

Regards

Baldrick
Hello ny22nole,

It may be that the file you are trying to download is being blocked by Webroot due to it being malicious. It could be adware or some other type of threat. If you know that the file is "known good" then you can submit the file to Webroot for analysis. Another idea is to visit a website called mostiwant.com. It offers great deals on software- mostly free giveaways for rather expensive software. I am confident that you will find what you are looking for. Apowersoft has a great recorder you can try. Go to apowersoft.com for more information. Leawo software is also great too go to www.leawo.com. Be careful when downloading free software because it can contain other adware within the installer. When installing freeware, choose custom install and untick any option that you don't want or need such as changing your homepage or installing a toolbar. I hope this information helps. Webroot is cutting edge in its detection and prevention. I recently tested it and it did great!

Sincerely,

Robert Dziura
Userlevel 7
I moved this thread from the ideas exchange. It appears to be resolved now.