Solved

Webroot filtering extensions not working in Firefox lately

• 24 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
For the past week or so, I've notice that webroot filtering extension has not been working. Often the icon is gray and there are no checkmarks by the search returns. It is grayed out even on this page while I am typingin this topic. If I click on the icon, it says that it requires that Webroot Secure Anywhere PC be installed and running. But it is installed and running. Everything is turned on and green. I have over 700 days left on my subscription. So is this an issue with the latest version of Firefox?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 24 September 2018, 15:34

View original

3 replies

Hi Kev914,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I do know that since Firefox updated to version 62 that the Password Manager has stopped working, but the Filtering Extension seems to still be working ok, for me.

So, I would try the toolbar fix available here.

If that doesn't work and you're still having issues then an uninstall/reinstall should do the trick;

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Finally, if you're still having issues then please submit a trouble ticket and support will look into this for you.

Hope this info helps,

Have a good day, 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Thanks, BurnDaddy! I ran the toolbar fix, and it seems to working...although differently than I remember. So perhaps that has changed. There always used to be a green circle with a white W on the toolbar. And when you did a search, it would show green check marks next to all the search results. Now that I've run the toolbar reinstall (since repair just said I already had the latest version installed), I see green circle with the white W. but sometimes it changes to green circle with a white check mark on the toolbar instead of the check marks in the main window. In any case, I have the circle with the W while I'm typing and if you click on it you get a message about what the extension does.

Note: I did see some green check marks on the submenu on the serach results, but not on the main results like I used to see.
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Just wanted to update...after I rebooted I saw that I have the check marks back beside the search returns, so the toolbar fix corrected my problem. Thanks!