May the Fourth be with You!

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies
Today is Star Wars Day, in case you didn't know it!

This is that special time of year when I go digging through my closet to find my Star Wars t-shirt and don it with pride.

This is the funniest "May the 4th" YouTube video I've seen so far this year:

What would you do if you had the powers of the force?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Aren't you a little young to have seen the Original in 1977? 😃 I was 15 at the time and that experience was and is still awesome. 😃 Let's see what Disney can do for the last 3 episodes my young Padawan?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Aren't you a little young to have seen the Original in 1977? 😃 I was 15 at the time and that experience was and is still awesome. :D

Youngsters  :D  I was 27 and remember it well, awesome. 😉
Userlevel 7
I saw the original.. at the time of release.  It was, and still is, awesome.  (I was not quite as old as Daniel, but I do remember it well.)  As for Disney... I hope to be pleasantly suprised.  
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Aren't you a little young to have seen the Original in 1977? 😃 I was 15 at the time and that experience was and is still awesome. :D

Youngsters  :D  I was 27 and remember it well, awesome. ;)
Wow guys!

Userlevel 7
I never could get into Star Wars. It never held my interest for some reason.

When I was growing up, you could not pull me away from Doctor Who though. To this day, I still think the original theme music from 1963 is one of the most amazing pieces for work ever done. It was, in fact, the first all-electronic theme ever made. Synthesizers had not been invented yet, and the team recorded various sounds from frequency generators (electronic testing equipment) and played the tape back at various speeds, layering sound over sound. It took them two weeks to make a 2 minute theme song.

Ok, I think I have hijacked this thread enough now.