Window problems.

Userlevel 2
I have in the past had window problems, as in like when I try to scan with Malwarebytes the drive selection screen appears behind whatever else is on screen for whatever reason. Recently I have had two oddities with webroot which will be listed below, and then I had an oddity with firefox that was similar to the MB thing I mentioned above. Could these be connected? 1) When webroot complete started its scheduled scan it seemed to freeze, and when I tried to move the scan window there was another scan windows behind it. One of the windows never did start running again, and the other did finish the scan finding nothing. 2) Just recently when I tried to full scan, twice it closed the window, two webroot icons appeared at the bottom right of the screen instead of the normal singular icon, and then the webroot screen popped back up like it was restarted as happens after an update. 3) and then the above thing with firefox.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Cloud, 

I am not sure, but it sounds like a problem with the installation of WSA.  Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it?

As for the Firefox.. I really am not sure on that one!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Cloud,

I have seen these issues a few times myself and I have reported it to JoeJ V.P. of Development I don't see it every time maybe once every two weeks, so if you could please Submit a Support Ticket so that they can gather some logs from your system you can even put the link to this thread in the ticket it would be much appreciated. ;)

TIA,

Daniel
Userlevel 2
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicetalk.asp?x=FKALAGKDAFBELCBBBPLLBBBBLIBK8PPHAEBPKGACECKHANAHKBANAAKDBABJLLBE There's the link. I'd rather no uninstall and reinstall if I don't have to.
Userlevel 2
I should have noted also, that when on the setting menu, the setting window flickers at times. I don't know if that's related or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I can't see it as I don't work for Webroot I like helping users to the best of my ability also long time user of Prevx before Webroot Acquired Prevx in Nov 2010 and now I help the Webroot Community as WSA was built on Prevx Technology and Webroot has made it even a greater full Cloud Anti-Malware. ;)

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I should have noted also, that when on the setting menu, the setting window flickers at times. I don't know if that's related or not.
I have not seen that did you check to see if there are Updated Video Drivers? Also can you tell me what version of Windows you are using and if it's 32bit or 64bit. I see the issues in your first post on Win 7 64bit.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Oh, you wanted a link in the ticket. Why? And they said that there may be a corrupt file in webroot which is why the reinstall is needed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Oh, you wanted a link in the ticket. Why? And they said that there may be a corrupt file in webroot which is why the reinstall is needed.
No I didn't want the link to the Ticket as I'm not able to access them because I don't work for Webroot I'm a Volunteer. Did you do a clean reinstall?

Daniel

EDIT: I knew that I posted about before here in the forums. http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Scheduled-scanning-has-2-scan-windows/m-p/17210#M1550
Userlevel 2
Yup. Still have issues like " And just now when it did the scheduled scan it had a problem where the scan window appeared in the middle of the screen, but nothing moved on it, not the numbers or the bar, and when I clicked to move it another scan window was behind it and did have the numbers and the bar moving/changing. This is what happened before I think. "
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes I have seen that also the front window scanning nothing and the window behind is scanning so can you Submit a Support Ticket like I suggested to you here: http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Window-problems/m-p/41210#M3184

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 2
I have been talking to their support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
OK thanks if they come up with any solution please let us know as it's not very common!

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
OK thanks if they come up with any solution please let us know as it's not very common!

Cheers,

Daniel
I have been trying to replicate the issue.. but have had no success.  My settings will not stay to show the scan window.  I logged into my Console, and ooops.. my computer was listed deactivated from my tests of something else the other day.  I will re-set things and let you know if I can get it to replicate over here.
Anyone bother to ask Cloud what his system specs are ?

Sounds like nothing more than a slightly stressed system.  Many anomolies he mentioned are nothing more than when a HDD gets a little backed up, or the CPU has to handle the grfx.  All of this is compounded when its a crappy old computer.

Just Sayin
Userlevel 7
Texas,

Good morning! You are quite right in that a stressed system could exhibit this kind of graphic behavior. An older system short on RAM or long on memory leaks commonly does this.

In this case however something else is probably going on. When the symptoms occur there are actually two instances of it running rather than a 'ghost' graphic image. The thread TH referred to has a little more info in it as well from when he first encountered it. While it does not seem to happen often, when it does there are double instances of the scan.
Userlevel 7
I'm inclined to agree with Tex4s on this one. Looking over the logs that were submitted, I see graphics card driver issues being reported in the Windows event logs but nothing else suspicious. It looks like we offered a remote session to perform a real-time analysis, but it was declined. With what I have to go on, I'd conclude it's a graphics card issue.
Userlevel 2
I wish someone had told me that it was likely the card. I guess I need to finish the maintenance I had started (per another thread).
Userlevel 7
This is the error I observed occuring semi-frequently:

SYS 5/8/2013 22:08 Service Control Manager 7000 Error None d The AODDriver4.2 service failed to start due to the following error: ^^%%2 My conclusion isn't based on as much data as I'd like, but that's the avenue I'd pursue further first.  Sorry to not point this out sooner.
Userlevel 2
Could that effect the fact that my media play freezes up when trying to play a CD (not a dvd or mp3 though)?
Userlevel 7
That's pretty unlikely.
Userlevel 2
This will be continued in my so many problems thread.