Thank you Webroot!

• 14 July 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
OK.. this might be a shameless plug, but I am going to post it anyway.

NO.. I am NOT a Webroot employee, I am just a happy user.

I had to reinstall my OS this week.. and while I have 15+ years computer repair experience I still hate to work on my own stuff.  Generally, I do it bit by bit over a week or two.  The first couple days I just want to get functional.  Getting functional normally includes rebuilding my bookmarks along with the associated user names and passwords.

This time.. easy.
Install OS.
Install Webroot.
Activate Password Manager.
Done.

:)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well David I am a happy user as well and a newcomer to Webroot as well.
I have used several AV's in the past both paid and free, no real complaints about most of them in fact I love ESET however I prefer WSA by quite a way just by its ease  and lightness of use.
To give an idea of what I mean here you only need to look in the topics of people having problems and take note how a reinstall will solve it quickly. I remember having Norton a few years ago, if/when we had a problem we had 2 choices, going through the lengthy support channel OR reinstall it which would mean going through the process of getting rid of it and then the lengthy install with all those updates and even then just hoping that the problem would be fixed.
No hassles with WSA, seconds to uninstall and just the same with the install and job done, I don't think that can be improved on.

:manhappy:
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Well David I am a happy user as well and a newcomer to Webroot as well.
I have used several AV's in the past both paid and free, no real complaints about most of them in fact I love ESET however I prefer WSA by quite a way just by its ease  and lightness of use.
To give an idea of what I mean here you only need to look in the topics of people having problems and take note how a reinstall will solve it quickly. I remember having Norton a few years ago, if/when we had a problem we had 2 choices, going through the lengthy support channel OR reinstall it which would mean going through the process of getting rid of it and then the lengthy install with all those updates and even then just hoping that the problem would be fixed.
No hassles with WSA, seconds to uninstall and just the same with the install and job done, I don't think that can be improved on.

:manhappy:
You know.. a lot of the time, regardless of what solution you choose to use, issues are commonly able to be solved by reinstalling.  Why?  Well, errors happen and things get corrupted.  WSA is no different in that aspect.  Reinstalls DO need to be done here and there.

But you are right in that the reinstall process is a bit easier with WSA than other solutions 🙂
Userlevel 7
If it was too easy I can blacklist some of your system files to make a little more difficult for you 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
If it was too easy I can blacklist some of your system files to make a little more difficult for you :D
Hm... Ok, you can do that.. but I will have to file a support ticket to make you fix it again 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I appreciate the fact that reinstalls have to be done occasionally because of corrupted files but due to the size of the downloads to install and update it is refreshing to find it so easy, even the program updates are hassle free unlike some others.

But Rakanisheu - blacklist a few things! No thank you. It would give us something to think about though and get our gray cells working again to stop them going stagnant.
😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I appreciate the fact that reinstalls have to be done occasionally because of corrupted files but due to the size of the downloads to install and update it is refreshing to find it so easy, even the program updates are hassle free unlike some others.

But Rakanisheu - blacklist a few things! No thank you. It would give us something to think about though and get our gray cells working again to stop them going stagnant.
:D
Good one Jeff but Roy would have to fix it in the end anyways so the joke would be on him.

LOL

Daniel