A message box received before I logged into windows - about JIT Debugging needs to be set.

• 20 February 2016
  • 1 reply

message box said to look at last part of scroll down box.

JIT Debugging.......
To enable just-in-time debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebiggomg value set in the system.windows.forms section.  The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.

QUESTION!!!.....Should I do something with this?  I have no idea how to do this type of thing>

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi enyaw43

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If this happends repeatedly then you will need to investigate further but unfortuantely these debug notifications are often as useful as a chocolate fire guard in that they do not indicate which application has had the issue.

I get these very occassionally and just to check that it is just a random/oaccassional boot up issue, i.e., due to the boot process one of the applicaitons that starts up with you system has run into a difficulty, I just reboot immediately and usually second time round the message does not come up.

If it does once more on a reboot then you may want to scan through the contents fo the debug message and see if it offers any clues as to source and then post back here.

Regards. Baldrick