Solved

activation assistance

• 13 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
trying to download new secureAnywhere software. as soon as i enter my activation code and try to activate, i get an error message that reads this:
keycode could not be verified at this time. ensure that secureAnywhere is allowed to connect to the internet and try again.
I am sure i am connected to the internet. help please.
icon

Best answer by NicCrockett 13 March 2019, 21:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @fedwards14 , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.☺️

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Welcome to the community @fedwards14!

If you have your Windows or other Firewall turned on, you can give these ports access for Webroot to access the management console: 5228, 5229, and 5230

If your firewall supports allowing path masks, you can also whitelist the following URLs:

*.webrootcloudav.com
(this will cover the g-url’s as well as several other target addresses)

*.*.webrootcloudav.com
(some devices don’t like a single * for urls that contain dots in the value of *

*.p4.webrootcloudav.com
(in case a device doesn’t like multiple *’s)

*.compute.amazonaws.com
(this will cover inbound communication from the Amazon cloud servers)

*.webroot.com
(for future communications)

*.webrootanywhere.com
(for future communications)

You could also try turning your firewall off to see if that solves the issue. That would at least rule out the firewall as the culprit.

If you are still having issues, @ProTruckDriver's suggestion to contact support is the way to go.

Good Luck!