Solved

ADVANCED IDENTITY PROTECTOR

• 26 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
hi, has anyone heard of this? I had a message come over my computer this morning indicating my computer and IP address was locked and to call 888-919-6150 so I did. The guy said he was with Microsoft and would fix the issue...even showed my different things to verify he was with Microsoft and legitimate. He started running scans on my computer, opened a notepad, indicated what he was going to do, and then he needed my Email address AND it was going to cost me $199.00 AFTER he already started stuff running. Now I have the shortcut on my desktop for this program and am scarred that I have been hacked! Can anyone help me??
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 26 January 2019, 23:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello Bugsymypc, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

Sorry to tell you it looks like you have been scammed. No telling what the scammer put on your computer while he was in control of it. I would change ALL Passwords on all your accounts even the computer password if you have one. Watch ALL your Financial accounts for changes. Any sensitive accounts I would watch. Do Not use the infected computer until you have contacted Webroot.

Shut down the infected computer immediately and contact Webroot Support.
· Do not try to remove any files or programs, especially Webroot.
· Do not try to recover anything for now. You don't want to risk further damage.
· Wait until you've spoken with Support.

HTH,
Dave