After 30 years...Office is no more

• 14 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

After 30 years, the ‘Office’ brand is being retired. I knew that Office 365 had been rebranded Microsoft 365, but I didnt realise they were doing away with ‘Office’ in its entirety...i actually feel a little sad!!

Microsoft Office is no more, company says, as it is renamed ‘Microsoft 365’ (msn.com)

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s going to be hard not to say the word ‘office’ after all these years!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Gotta love the strategy of just calling everything Microsoft 365. I swear Microsoft would be 10x more successful if they hired someone just to name all their products.

Here’s $500,000/yr - just name things in a way that doesn’t confuse the crap out of everyone. That’s it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

After 30 years, the ‘Office’ brand is being retired. I knew that Office 365 had been rebranded Microsoft 365, but I didnt realise they were doing away with ‘Office’ in its entirety...i actually feel a little sad!!

Microsoft Office is no more, company says, as it is renamed ‘Microsoft 365’ (msn.com)

I didn’t even realize they rebranded Office 365 to Microsoft 365!

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

“Apps aren't changing, and Office will still be available as a standalone purchase.”

32 years in, Microsoft has decided to rebrand “Microsoft Office”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I didn’t even realize they rebranded Office 365 to Microsoft 365!

For a while now mate! 🤣

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

From the start “Office 365” was a bad choice. I got tongue-tied trying to explain the difference between Office 365 and the Office product suite. Microsoft 365 is easier to discuss. I welcome the name change!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From the start “Office 365” was a bad choice. I got tongue-tied trying to explain the difference between Office 365 and the Office product suite. Microsoft 365 is easier to discuss. I welcome the name change!

True. Especially when users had office 2016, office 2019 or office 365! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Worst part, they also changing the icons.