Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17627 for Skip Ahead

• 21 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
March 21, 2018 10:05 am

Hello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17627 (RS5) to Windows Insiders who have opted into Skip Ahead.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
  • We fixed an issue where If you try to open a file that is available online-only from OneDrive that hasn’t been previously downloaded to your PC (marked with a green checkmark in File Explorer), your PC could bugcheck (GSOD).
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Emoji Panel not working in the last two flights.
  • When a process in Task Manager is suspended, or has suspended child processes, you’ll now see an icon indicating as much in the Status column of the Processes tab.
Known issues
  • If you open Settings and clicking on any links to the Microsoft Store or links in tips, Settings will crash. This includes the links to get themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store, as well as the link to Windows Defender.
  • When opening .html or .pdf files from the local system (double-click, right-click > open), Microsoft Edge will not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge wasn’t already running before opening the file. To work around the issue, you can open the file again without closing Microsoft Edge.
  • On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.
REMINDER: Sign up to be an Office Insider!
Our friends on the Office team want to reiterate their invitation for Windows Insiders to participate in feedback and product usage which will inform the next generation of Office innovations! Windows and Office are continually looking for the best-connected experiences. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and will help us to understand customer needs and scenarios and to prioritize our investments in the coming months. Please join the Office Insider Program to help directly affect product design decisions!
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Dona <3

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/03/21/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17627-for-skip-ahead/#XD4kxD9cgHTh7XL0.97

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Has anyone had a problem with updates not getting through using Windows 10? Mike
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Since I have Aphasia, a communication/language disorder, my ability to comprehend after 5-15 minutes is very difficult, which means, I may ask a question that has already been answered so will need a little compassion.
Userlevel 7
Hi berryme56

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for precising about the Aphasia, it is useful to know about so that we can look to accommodate for his when responding, etc.

Please check out our Getting Started Guide, which should provide you wit some basic info re. familiarising yourself wit who & what we are/do, etc. And if not covered then please ask.

In terms of responding to your question would you please provide a bit more information as to what you mean by "updates not getting through". Are you saying that you are not getting Windows 10 updates or are you referring to WRSA updates?

If the latter then no worries as there have not been any for a while now. If the question relates to Windows 10 updates then please take a look a the following previous threads on this topic; HERE & HERE as they may provide some answers.

You can also try using the Windows Update Troubleshooter app which is available for download from HERE.

Do lets us know how you get on and post back if you need any further assistance.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
What I meant by 'updates not getting through' was that, each time I would update, via settings, I would get a notification that my update could not be finished. However, after taking my computer back to Best Buy, the problem is now solved. So there it is and thanks for your communication. All this is rehab for me. My lexicon was huge before my strokes and my grammar was pretty good. I have come light-years from not knowing how to dial 911 vs. now.

😃
Userlevel 7
Well, however it has been sorted out...glad to hear that it has.

Regards, Baldrick :D