Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17735 Fast Ring

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
August 10, 2018 10:02 am

By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlancHello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17735 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• We fixed an issue resulting in Reveal not working in Build 17733, for example in Start or Settings.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in links that launched one app from another app not working in the last few flights for some Insiders.
  • We fixed an issue in Windows Mixed Reality where the voice command, “Flashlight on,” would fail to activate the flashlight feature.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Notepad’s “Search with Bing” feature searching for “10 10” instead of “10 + 10” if that was the search query. We also fixed an issue where accented characters would end up as question marks in the resulting search.
  • We fixed an issue where Ctrl + 0 to reset the zoom level in Notepad wouldn’t work if the 0 was typed from a keypad.
  • We fixed an issue where nearby sharing would become blocked on the sender device after canceling share to three different devices.
  • Narrator Scan Mode has been improved to prevent multiple stops for a single control.
  • We fixed the issue where Narrator said “Not a Narrator command” when navigating Win32 menu bar items.
  • We removed the Windows alert sound when performing the Narrator Find command.
  • We fixed the issue where Narrator got stuck at a word boundary when making a selection using select current and previous character.

Known issues

• Your PC will bugcheck (GSOD) when deleting a local folder that is synced to OneDrive.
  • When you upgrade to this build you’ll find that the taskbar flyouts (network, volume, etc) no longer have an acrylic background.
  • When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
  • On Windows 10 in S Mode, launching Office in the Store may fail to launch with an error about a .dll not being designed to run on Windows. The error message is that a .dll “is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again…” Some people have been able to work around this by uninstalling and reinstalling Office from the Store.
  • When using Narrator Scan mode Shift + Selection commands in Microsoft Edge, the text does not get selected properly.
  • Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
  • We’re investigating a potential increase in Start reliability and performance issues in this build.
  • After setting up a Windows Mixed Reality headset for the first time on this build with motion controllers, the controllers may need to be re-paired a second time before appearing in the headset.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Dona <3

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/08/10/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17735/#zHijUaqkFcf0Eiro.97

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Daniel, I am just installing mine now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Thank you Daniel, I am just installing mine now.
I just did 17733 on my two VM's lastnight so I will wait till the next Build to update. 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Daniel! I need to catch up my VMs. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
This took me hours to get this Windows 10 Insider Preview updated on my VM. Finally!:D

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I got it downloaded last night and up to the point of the restart process and that took me from about 7:30pm until 1:08AM at which point I turned the machine off and complete the restart process today which itself took about 30 minutes.
That was by raising the priority of setup.exe in the task manager to high and also with a clean boot as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I got it downloaded last night and up to the point of the restart process and that took me from about 7:30pm until 1:08AM at which point I turned the machine off and complete the restart process today which itself took about 30 minutes.
That was by raising the priority of setup.exe in the task manager to high and also with a clean boot as well.
Hi Jasper! It took 3 hours for that update for me 8-11. I was going to scream if that install failed. But it installed thankfully!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Jasper! It took 3 hours for that update for me 8-11. I was going to scream if that install failed. But it installed thankfully!
That was the longest it has ever taken me and they really need to get the install process sorted for us.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
That was the longest it has ever taken me and they really need to get the install process sorted for us.
Well I really think it's the VM being so slow. Updating Windows 10 on PC normally wouldn't take so long. You know what I mean?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Well I really think it's the VM being so slow. Updating Windows 10 on PC normally wouldn't take so long. You know what I mean?
Yes I have wndered about that. I saw that Corrine posted on Twitter the other day about the last install being slow for her but unless I am mistaken she does not use a VM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Yes I have wndered about that. I saw that Corrine posted on Twitter the other day about the last install being slow for her but unless I am mistaken she does not use a VM.
Let's see what Daniel has to say when he comes online about that update.  He'll know...
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
True as it depends on the resources you gave to the VM. For me I give 1 Processor and one Hyperthread Core = 2 and 3 GB's of Ram.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Daniel! I'll check my VM. I know I gave the recommended 2 GBs though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
I was using 2GB but I kept getting running out of Memory notifications so I up it to 3GB for each of my 2 VM's and I haven't seen the messages since.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I was using 2GB but I kept getting running out of Memory notifications so I up it to 3GB for each of my 2 VM's and I haven't seen the messages since.
This is what I have on VM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I have just upped mine to 3Gb of memory and I will see if it makes a difference next time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I would say that's why yours are slower than mine as I gave it 2 Processors for each VM. And I'm still on my Alienware 17R2 with my VM's and have not switched it to my newer 17R5 yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
I would say that's why yours are slower than mine as I gave it 2 Processors for each VM.
You have a more powerful one than me with more processors LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I would say that's why yours are slower than mine as I gave it 2 Processors for each VM.
Hey if it works fine but slow so be it! 😉 That's why I don't always update to the latest Windows Insider Builds as it takes time but I do both of mine at the same time 32bit and 64bit VM's.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hey if it works fine but slow so be it! 😉 That's why I don't always update to the latest Windows Insider Builds as it takes time but I do both of mine at the same time 32bit and 64bit VM's.
That is what I think..if the VM works that is great! That's why I do not say anything in the Windows Insider Feedback. Because I figured it was my VM thst was slow. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
What I need to do is not do it during the week but leave it for the weekend when I have more time.