Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 Fast Ring

• 7 September 2018
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
September 7, 2018 10:02 am

By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlancHello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.

Text from your PC – stay connected with Your Phone app

No need to dig for your phone to text. Leave it in your pocket, bag, or purse. Your Phone app now gives you instant access to your most recent photos and texts from your Android phone. Snap a pic on your Android, see it on your PC. It’s just easier. Text your friends, group message, and type with a keyboard—Your Phone app allows you to view, send, and receive the SMS from your Android, on your computer.

There are a few ways you can text from your PC. We mentioned the ability to type with a keyboard, the obvious. But how about inking a reply? On pen-capable devices, use your digital pen to focus near the text field in Your Phone app’s messages. Ink a message and watch your fresh ink convert to text and send. Or try using just your voice to dictate a message (US English only at this time). Press the Windows logo key + H to start dictation. On a touch keyboard, select the microphone button. Use dictation to make your text entry easier.
Try it out and let @VishnuNath know what you think. We can’t wait to hear from you. Love it, like it, or have feedback in any form – share it! Have you pinned Your Phone app to your taskbar yet? We are still finetuning the app, so if you are looking for support, check out workarounds in Your Phone app FAQ.
Your Phone app is also live for Insiders who are in Skip Ahead running 19H1 builds. You must link your Android phone to your computer through Your Phone app. You will receive an app from Microsoft, which you must download to your mobile phone and follow the setup prompts. Android 7.0+ are compatible with Your Phone app. For PCs tied to the China region, Your Phone app services will be enabled in the future.
For iPhone users, Your Phone app helps you to link your phone to your PC. Surf the web on your phone, then send the webpage instantly to your computer to pick up where you left off to continue what you’re doing–read, watch, or browse with all the benefits of a bigger screen. With a linked phone, continuing on your PC is one share away.

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in slower resume from hibernation on certain devices in the last few flights.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in HDR video being unexpectedly clipped in certain situations.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Hello spending more time in the “Getting Ready” state in recent builds.

Known issues

• When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
  • Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Dona <3

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/09/07/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17755/#UrDKCxcdUhKtd0xH.97

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ why would you install an old version now? 1809 has been released: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Tech-Talk/How-to-get-the-Windows-10-October-2018-Update-1809/td-p/330254
@ wrote:
September 7, 2018 10:02 am

By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlancHello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
Text from your PC – stay connected with Your Phone appNo need to dig for your phone to text. Leave it in your pocket, bag, or purse. Your Phone app now gives you instant access to your most recent photos and texts from your Android phone. Snap a pic on your Android, see it on your PC. It’s just easier. Text your friends, group message, and type with a keyboard—Your Phone app allows you to view, send, and receive the SMS from your Android, on your computer.

There are a few ways you can text from your PC. We mentioned the ability to type with a keyboard, the obvious. But how about inking a reply? On pen-capable devices, use your digital pen to focus near the text field in Your Phone app’s messages. Ink a message and watch your fresh ink convert to text and send. Or try using just your voice to dictate a message (US English only at this time). Press the Windows logo key + H to start dictation. On a touch keyboard, select the microphone button. Use dictation to make your text entry easier.
Try it out and let @VishnuNath know what you think. We can’t wait to hear from you. Love it, like it, or have feedback in any form – share it! Have you pinned Your Phone app to your taskbar yet? We are still finetuning the app, so if you are looking for support, check out workarounds in Your Phone app FAQ.
Your Phone app is also live for Insiders who are in Skip Ahead running 19H1 builds. You must link your Android phone to your computer through Your Phone app. You will receive an app from Microsoft, which you must download to your mobile phone and follow the setup prompts. Android 7.0+ are compatible with Your Phone app. For PCs tied to the China region, Your Phone app services will be enabled in the future.
For iPhone users, Your Phone app helps you to link your phone to your PC. Surf the web on your phone, then send the webpage instantly to your computer to pick up where you left off to continue what you’re doing–read, watch, or browse with all the benefits of a bigger screen. With a linked phone, continuing on your PC is one share away.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
  • The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release. Discord  
  • We fixed Adobe Reader  an issue resulting in slower resume from hibernation on certain devices in the last few flights.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in HDR video iTunes  being unexpectedly clipped in certain situations.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Hello spending more time in the “Getting Ready” state in recent builds.
Known issues
  • When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
  • Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Dona <3

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/09/07/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17755/#UrDKCxcdUhKtd0xH.97
Same for me I am retrying Windows 10 Insider Preview 17754.1 (rs5_release). So far I'm at downloading 84%. Pleasant cool day to get this VM refreshed to the most recent Windows Insider 
Updated smoothly here, too.

Unfortunately, this update only partially fixed the Action Center issue I was having. Now, the Action Center will open, but it will not display the notifications, even though the icon shows that I have notifications pending. :@

Shows that I have notifications...

But nothing shows in the Action Center...

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
No issues as you stated Daniel! Until the next Windows 10 Insider Preview update. ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Right On!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
RS5 will be 1809 so we are in September 2018 and they said they will release RS5 1809 in early October.
Yes you are right..I did recall something like that in October.

Here is what I read which I didn't absorb totally. 
The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.

OOPS!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
RS5 will be 1809 so we are in September 2018 and they said they will release RS5 1809 in early October.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel! 

I am retrying Windows 10 Insider Preview 17754.1 (rs5_release). So far I'm at downloading 84%. Nice cool day to get this VM updated to the latest Windows Insider! ;)
My 2 installed nicely this time without issues. ;)
Great! I'm just hoping the WiFi Security doesn't kick me offline like it did before when I was trying to update. :@
I always quit the WiFi Security VPN before updating my VM's.
Good idea as I got an error with finishing the install of 17754.1 and I refreshed and now WU is going for the Windows Preview 17755.1. So I'll go and disable the WiFi Security VPN now. ;)
Good till a new build or two come out this week. LOL But I see they removed the Build info just above the clock in this build so they must be getting close to RTM.
Well Daniel I heard that taking that info above the clock didn't mean that that version would soon be getting close. I thought they said it's only the beginning....not sure I may of read it wrong in the Blog? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel! 

I am retrying Windows 10 Insider Preview 17754.1 (rs5_release). So far I'm at downloading 84%. Nice cool day to get this VM updated to the latest Windows Insider! ;)
Great! I'm just hoping the WiFi Security doesn't kick me offline like it did before when I was trying to update. :@
Good idea as I got an error with finishing the install of 17754.1 and I refreshed and now WU is going for the Windows Preview 17755.1. So I'll go and disable the WiFi Security VPN now. ;)
Good till a new build or two come out this week. LOL But I see they removed the Build info just above the clock in this build so they must be getting close to RTM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel! 

Good idea as I got an error with finishing the install of 17754.1 and I refreshed and now WU is going for the Windows Preview 17755.1. So I'll go and disable the WiFi Security VPN now. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel! 

My 2 installed nicely this time without issues. 😉 17755.1
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Daniel! 

I am retrying Windows 10 Insider Preview 17754.1 (rs5_release). So far I'm at downloading 84%. Nice cool day to get this VM updated to the latest Windows Insider! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Got my 2 VM's Updated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Alrighty then here we go again. 😉 Thank you Daniel! :D