Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18342 Fast Ring

• 21 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
February 20, 2019 2:02 pm
By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlanc
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18342 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
[updated] PCs with the following chipsets processor model numbers will not receieve this build due to an issue with Connected Standby: Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 and Intel64 Family 6 Model 158. To check to see if your processor falls into these two buckets:
Step 1: Open Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button on your taskbar.
Step 2: Open up the Processors group and right-click on one of the processors listed (you will see multiple for each core of the processor in your PC).
Step 3: Click properties and go to the Details tab.
Step 4: Choose “Hardware Ids” in the property dropdown. This will give you the model number of your processor.
[img]https://46c4ts1tskv22sdav81j9c69-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/prod/sites/2/2019/02/713fddb143972c0c28625ea1f55a1e38.jpg[/img]
If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle (which currently is 19H1).

What’s New in Build 18342

Improving Gaming on Windows 10

Thanks to everyone who signed up to try out our new Windows gaming technology in Build 18334. With today’s new build (Build 18342), we have some fixes that we can’t wait to have folks try out: the game now runs correctly with parental controls enabled, and the install process is more stable (including a fix for the game being stuck in “Pending” instead of downloading).

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/02/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18342/

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Super fabulous! Thank you for the update. I'm lagging behind abit. 🙄
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Super fabulous! Thank you for the update. I'm lagging behind abit. 🙄
Same here!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Daniel. I missed one as well but not sure how but I will try and get this one done today, if Isaac gives me chance.😉