Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18346 Fast Ring

• 27 February 2019
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
February 26, 2019 10:03 am

By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlanc
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18346 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle (which currently is 19H1).

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• We fixed an issue which caused the Bluetooth Hands-Free audio driver to hang.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders not being able to access the Quests section of the Feedback Hub.
  • We fixed an issue that could cause Settings to crash if you clicked “Pick your insider settings” button under Windows Insiders Program Settings.
  • We fixed an issue where the PowerShell .GetType method was unexpectedly returning error “out-lineoutput : The method or operation is not implemented”.
  • We fixed an issue where in certain languages if you pressed WIN+V before having opted into clipboard history the clipboard history UI would be truncated.
  • We fixed an issue with the new Adlam keyboard resulting in not being able to type certain common words.
  • We fixed an issue where, when typing Vietnamese, the touch keyboard was auto-capitalizing ever word in certain apps.
  • We fixed an issue where, when friendly dates were enabled in File Explorer, in certain languages (such as Japanese and Chinese) Insiders would see the wrong day name displayed.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected and non-functional Family Safety icon in the notification area of the taskbar.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in the taskbar search box text becoming black on a black background.
  • We fixed an issue where Start menu would crash when using Narrator to navigate pinned folders in Start.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/02/26/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18346/#XpHWMaUe8p0jRWhA.97

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Alrighty I'll get that updated tonight I hope.

Thank you as always! 😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Daniel, I am just installing it now after a failed attempt last night.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
This one is being a pain for me to get installed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
This one is being a pain for me to get installed.
Did you get it installed? I'm going to try to install both the 32bit and 64bit versions on my VM's.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I am having another attempt now again but may not know until tomorrow. Just trying something else and if that fails I will give up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@Jasper_The_Rasper , @Triple_Helix

I am having a heck of a time getting this WI 10 Preview installed properly. It crashed my VM and I had to use a Snapshot to recover. I'll try again tomorrow. I have been doing this since late morning..bawwwww

😫
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I will let you know if my latest attempt works Sherry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I will let you know if my latest attempt works Sherry.

Thank you Jeff, I knew that update was trouble when you reported it last night. We usually have similar troubles when installing the updates ..
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I read that resetting the Catroot and Catroot2 folder can help so I am giving that a go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
That has not worked either Sherry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks for letting me know Jeff! 😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It went through the first part of the restart until it reached the 2nd slower one and then just stopped with the blue box on the black background.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
WoW good thing I haven't tried this update so far! 😖
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
No go here as well, one stops at preparing at 95% (32bit) and the other installs to 40% (64bit) and they freeze. 👎🏽
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Daniel, Thanks for letting us know. Now we know it's not us.. 😳
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I am glad Sherry because Daniel usually as far as I am aware always gets them to install, if he can't, there must be a problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Exactly @Jasper_The_Rasper! 😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Well I'm going to try once again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Good luck Daniel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well @TripleHelix and @Ssherjj there is another new build tonight in the fast lane and mine has stuck in the same position again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@Jasper_The_Rasper I tried to install the Preview 18346 again and it froze up while rebooting from claiming the update was installed and needed to Restart. I had to go back to Snapshot and then it installed the version ...43 all over again and I won't even try 18346 now.

Thanks for letting us know about another release. Maybe on the weekend I can do it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I will try again tomorrow and IF I do feel like it I may get a new VM machine started up to try that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
No go again with this build on both, I will check the newer build and see how that goes!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
No go again with this build on both, I will check the newer build and see how that goes!

I am going to try newer build right now..😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
The best of luck to you both, it did not work with me, it stopped in exactly the same position.