Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18348 Fast Ring

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
March 1, 2019 10:02 am

By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlanc
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18348 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle (which currently is 19H1).

What’s New in Build 18348

Emoji 12.0 Update

With Build Build 18277, Insiders got their first look at the Emoji 12.0 emoji. In early February, the set of emoji to be included with Emoji 12.0 was finalized by Unicode, and with today’s build when you press WIN+(period) or WIN+(semicolon), all of these emoji now have keywords hooked up to make them easy to search for. Try it once you install the build! Keywords include otter, sloth, waffle, ballet shoes, and more.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/03/01/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18348/#ykMjXPXDO1SHl4UO.97

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I hope you all have more luck than me with this one as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
To get this build I had to go into safe mode and delete the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution Folder on both VM's then boot back into normal mode and check for updates so I hope is goes better this time!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I have tried the software distribution folder removal but not in safe mode yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Stuck at 28% (64bit) and 61% (32bit) installing but I will let it be for awhile to see what happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Daniel & Jeff,

To get this build I had to go into safe mode and delete the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution Folder on both VM's then boot back into normal mode and check for updates so I hope is goes better this time!

I'm at 82% right now (installing). I have deleted the C:\Windows\Software...etc before but like Jeff I have never done that in SafeMode. How do you get to Safe Mode on a VM? 😮🙄

Edited: I now have restarted the VM to complete the install..Hope it works this time. @TripleHelix
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hi Daniel & Jeff,

To get this build I had to go into safe mode and delete the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution Folder on both VM's then boot back into normal mode and check for updates so I hope is goes better this time!I'm at 82% right now (installing). I have deleted the C:\Windows\Software...etc before but like Jeff I have never done that in SafeMode. How do you get to Safe Mode on a VM? 😮🙄

Edited: I now have restarted the VM to complete the install..Hope it works this time. @TripleHelix

The same way you would on your PC! https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode From Settings!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Alrighty then😊 I'm stuck on a black screen with the Windows Blue icon showing and it's not restarting.. Unbelievable! No circling like it's working.. or mouse or anything.. Maybe I'll wait 10 more minutes or so.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Yes these are being difficult to install.......

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Well you don't say? lol. I went into my VM SafeMode and my VM window was so tiny. The graphics driver. I guess. I managed to delete the Contents of the SoftwareDistribution Folder. Trying to update one more time! The night is young yet! 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Well you don't say? lol. I went into my VM SafeMode and my VM window was so tiny. The graphics driver. I guess. I managed to delete the Contents of the SoftwareDistribution Folder.Try to update one more time! The night is young yet! 😂

I'm just about to give up....LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Well you don't say? lol. I went into my VM SafeMode and my VM window was so tiny. The graphics driver. I guess. I managed to delete the Contents of the SoftwareDistribution Folder.Try to update one more time! The night is young yet! 😂

I'll report back if I get this Windows Build gets updated. 🙄🤧
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Good Luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Good Luck!

Amother crash of that update..I give up I suppose. 🤔
Goodnight all!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I am going try again now.
Just before I went to bed I went into Safe Mode and deleted the contents of the software distribution folder so despite what you both say I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well I am leaving it for a while but it appears to have stopped in exactly the same spot as before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well I am leaving it for a while but it appears to have stopped in exactly the same spot as before.

That is exactly where it stopped for me 4 times!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54

That is interesting Sherry. The last build was just the same as well for me.
Mine has not moved at all so I am going to power it off now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

That is interesting Sherry. The last build was just the same as well for me.
Mine has not moved at all so I am going to power it off now.

This is the only time that a WI Preview Build has ever done this to me. Its never happened before now. At least we know it can't be us right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Exactly, Sherry. I did think it was my system.
The last build is the first time this had happened like this to me. It went through the whole process perfectly until it hit this point so there must be aproblem with the code or something similar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@Jasper_The_Rasper @Ssherjj did you happen to get it installed? It wouldn't for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
No, I had to give up with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I'm trying something to see if it will help? I gave the VM 2 Processors Cores and 2 Threads and 4GB of Ram.

I never got this far before:

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Good luck Daniel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI Daniel and Jasper.

I gave up as well!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
It didn't work.... 😭